Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

That said, I thought Carter looked way better than Childress claimed. There must be something about his game that makes people underrate him because he clearly did a bunch of good shit.

That's really good to hear. And I may have just legitimately missed some of Carter's (and Bolden's) better moments; I couldn't give the game my full attention during the first 8 minutes or so.

You can't access it on the desktop version of Instagram as far as I could tell.

Varand K just posted one slightly better option on the 247 site -- you can view on desktop in Chrome with an extension called "Chrome IG story". It's still stupidly vertical, but at least a bigger screen.

Rome is a fan of Carter. Just wanted to point that out in case anyone missed it.
I am sure that influenced my opinion some, but he made his first basket on a post-up, scored on an and-one putback, and blocked Bolden's shot in the first few minutes. He did fade into the woodwork a bit later.

Someone else mentioned it on TDD 247 but a 1-3-1 with Bagley/Javin up top or on the baseline and Carter in the middle should be effective.

That was a terrible format to watch that scrimmage. It was really hard to distinguish who was who esp with so many new people. I agree with Rome, Carter looked really good to me. Other than him and Grayson hitting just about every shot nobody really stood out.

Someone else mentioned it on TDD 247 but a 1-3-1 with Bagley/Javin up top or on the baseline and Carter in the middle should be effective.
Any zone or zone trap with Javin up top would be insane. At the very least Duke could do a 3/4 court zone trap to force the tempo and burn the shot clock and limit how much actual guarding we have to do.

That was a terrible format to watch that scrimmage. It was really hard to distinguish who was who esp with so many new people. I agree with Rome, Carter looked really good to me. Other than him and Grayson hitting just about every shot nobody really stood out.

Yeah, I rewatched the first 6 minutes on a smaller screen. Carter's buckets were nice, but also, in this scrimmage, he hedged screens as well or better than Marques Bolden did that one night the stars aligned against Miami.

I'll say I thought Trent looked at home. He didn't do a ton that stood out (I believe he scored on a floater), but mostly he made the right play. He seemed to understand how to play team basketball.

Bagley has a knack for getting fouled. Some of the foul calls felt like bailouts. He wasn't going to make the shot, imo.

The biggest thing that worried me was the hideousness of Duval's shot. It's as bad as expected.

Oh that too was noticeable, Duval's shot was broke AF. Also I feel like Bagley will be able to draw a lot of shooting fouls

I'll say I thought Trent looked at home. He didn't do a ton that stood out (I believe he scored on a floater), but mostly he made the right play. He seemed to understand how to play team basketball.

Bagley has a knack for getting fouled. Some of the foul calls felt like bailouts. He wasn't going to make the shot, imo.

The biggest thing that worried me was the hideousness of Duval's shot. It's as bad as expected.

Given that many fans were concerned about GT being a shot hunter/black hole, that is pretty damn encouraging to see early on.

Marques Bolden and Javin DeLaurier injured per coach K.

I'm not kidding.

I was wondering when the lower leg injuries would start. They should have plenty of boots in stock.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom