Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

This is the most predictable preseason injury situation. Expect 5-6 players to play the first few games of the season, leading to Allen having a melt down by game ten. Familiar script?.

Do they all wear sandals to practice? How do we have this endless continuation of foot and leg injuries, year after year?

And, just like last season, we’ll have the stories of Marques (and now Javin, as well) being “penciled in” as starters before their injuries. They’ll play and contribute very little, and K will have the built in excuse of the early season injuries hampering their progression. As Rome said, K always finds a way... to avoid going big.

The Master at work.

That being said, K actually said they were minor not major injuries, so I’m not going to start assuming more until I start seeing boots.

Last edited:
Duke's official team practice footwear

seva-or.jpg

Looking at it more closely, I don't think this is a big deal. After all, this is information we already knew as of the scrimmage. We knew Javin had a sore hamstring and sat for that reason. And in the beginning of the scrimmage footage you can hear K telling Jon to watch Marques's ankle.

"Jon astutely pointed out a common thread that may be at the root of our chronic foot and leg injuries, so we have decided to suspend our usual team-building exercise of performing Samoan foot stomp dances on each other's bodies."

"Jon astutely pointed out a common thread that may be at the root of our chronic foot and leg injuries, so we have decided to suspend our usual team-building exercise of performing Samoan foot stomp dances on each other's bodies."
Now let’s get back to kicking cement blocks.

This explains why we had no injuries in 2014. We had Jabari "I'm Not Fat I'm Just Samoan" Parker here to instruct the team on proper technique.

What kind of line do you think Bagley will put up this year? I'm doing an acc fantasy league and my best guess was a 15/8 or 15/9 kind of line.

What kind of line do you think Bagley will put up this year? I'm doing an acc fantasy league and my best guess was a 15/8 or 15/9 kind of line.

That's around what I'd say. I feel better about him being able to get 15 points than 8 rebounds, given that he may spend a good deal of time playing with two other bigs. I'd say 14 or 15 points and 6.5 boards.

That's around what I'd say. I feel better about him being able to get 15 points than 8 rebounds, given that he may spend a good deal of time playing with two other bigs. I'd say 14 or 15 points and 6.5 boards.

With one of those two bigs being Bolden, I am quite comfortable that he will have ample opportunities to rebound the ball. And I think rebounding is a more translatable skill than scoring.

For comparison's sake, Winslow played a lot of PF, and averaged 12.6 points and 6.5 rebounds in 30 minutes on the year. That said, our team this year should miss a lot of shots, so there will be more offensive rebounding opportunities.

I don't think Bolden's going to all-of-a-sudden be a good rebounder, but I do expect Carter to get near double-figures, and Vrank and Javin to be closer to the basket than Bagley in the minutes they get.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom