Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

I know that's tongue in cheek but I just refuse to believe a player pulling down doube digit defensive rebounds per game is worth -20 on defense compared to DeLaurier.

Bagley's a decent rebounder, but Javin's not much of a drop-off in that area. Per 40 minutes, Bagley gets you one more rebound.

I know that's tongue in cheek but I just refuse to believe a player pulling down doube digit defensive rebounds per game is worth -20 on defense compared to DeLaurier.

It's the 2-3 and lack of super m2m insanity.
Well, we have to see if the 2-3 with Bagley works at this same level. Merely saying that the switch to the 2-3 helped tells you nothing about how Bagley would perform in it.

I also think the offensive pecking order is healthier right now. Granted, in an ideal world you could have an offense that's not just giving it to Bagley over and over once (if) he comes back.

Just let Grayson let it fly and Bagley can rebound and score on putbacks. I kinda hate his isos because he gets pushed around too easily and falls over a lot

Always worth keeping an eye on - the team's free throw shooting is once again north of 70% after some decent performances.

Always worth keeping an eye on - the team's free throw shooting is once again north of 70% after some decent performances.

In the past four games alone, we are 53/64 for 82.8%. For the season, Central Mich. leads the NCAA at 80.2%

Well, when Bagley's 62% is no longer taking the most FTs on the team, and Carter has raised his FT on the season to 71.5%. Most of our FTs are now being taken by 2 guys in the high 80ss and another over 70%. Bagley should be shooting about 500 FTs at day right now given that's one activity he can do regardless of his knee.

This hasn't been updated to reflect Duke's rise in KP defense. Duke meets 11/12 categories, MSU has all 12.

jOOPtqj.png

Whoever made that chart should be shot. Do they not realize pastel colors are an option?

With this newfound stifling zone defense and Bagley/Carter down low on offense, this team appears to be perfectly constructed for grinding out tournament games in the half court, which is crazy given how we were playing 90-85 games for most of the season. Duval is easily the biggest concern going forward. He should not be allowed to take more than 3 jump shots a game, even if left wide open. But with a healthy Bagley and a top 20 defense, there really is no excuse for failing to make it out of the first weekend.

76.5% defensive rebounding against the #20 offensive rebounding team. This is good, and we'll need that kind of # against UNC next week.

Offensive rebounding has been less impressive lately.

Duke's title odds on Bovada are 6-1, behind MSU UVA Nova at 5.5-1.

This is the first time since 2010 that you can get good value on a Duke futures bet. 6-1 is flawed.

I'd give Duke a 20% chance at the moment. Need a few more games of confirmation of the defense to go full dominant 1 seed territory at 25-30%.

76.5% defensive rebounding against the #20 offensive rebounding team. This is good, and we'll need that kind of # against UNC next week.

Offensive rebounding has been less impressive lately.

Bagley's return will help the offensive boards (both for MB3 individually as well as for others given the amount of attention MB3 commands).

Looking at the ACC standings:
- I think Duke locks up a 2 seed with a win against UNC, regardless of what happens @Va Tech. And assuming UNC beats Miami at home this week, Duke would have to win that UNC game to be the 2 seed.
- Saw on Twitter that State would be the 3 seed if they win out. They have home FSU tonight, @GT, home L'ville. Difficult but not impossible
- Bonzie Colson is getting closer. This is something to watch. Notre Dame is likely going to be the 10 or 11 seed. I think they'd have a great chance to beat Duke/UNC/whoever in the Thursday quarterfinal. We don't want them to be the 10 seed if we end up as the 2.

My guess is that we lose Monday and then beat UNC.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom