Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Basketball 2017-2018

I'm actually bullish on this team ever since we discovered our inherent zoneDetroitPistons defense. Beat VT and UNC

I hate to say it, but I think Duke loses to UNC again. I don’t see the zone working against them unless they have a bad shooting night, and I don’t want to think how bad m2m would be now. Duke could out-offense them, but Carter and Bagley need to destroy if UNC is going to guard them with Maye and Pinson. But don’t do that stupid hi-low shit again. Pin them deep on ball reversal and score over the top.

The line should reflect a 2012 feel to the rematch, where the obviously more talented team with higher expectations is ashamed of the fluke that happened in the first game. Carter and Bagley need to find it in themselves to rebound competitively with Maye and Johnson/Manley/Huffman, or they're probably not going to stay on the court in the NBA. There are better offensive rebounders than Maye in the NBA.

If we lose because Carter can't body up and score against Luke Maye and Theo Pinson again, i'm going to lose a lot of respect for him.

What a shitshow. Retard guards out there couldn't have coughed up any more live ball turnovers than they did

I'll never understand why the staff refuses to run big-to-big screens downlow to actually free up Wendell/Bagley.

Great guard play wins games in March. All the national champions over the last decade or so have had above average PGs at least. Duke has Allen and Duval sharing those duties and pissing away like 10 possessions a game with their boneheaded snafus. As I said on Saturday, the defense has improved to the point where getting blitzed off the court in the second round should be avoidable, but we will need our guards to play clutch and savvy basketball at some point to win the title, and after a 30 game sample size, I just don't see that happening. In other words, if I was offered a guarantee of making the FF and losing there, I would take it without much hesitation.

I wonder how many turnovers we've had just trying to get the ball inside. Seems like we've been getting worse and worse at feeding the post as the season goes on, which is strange. But it could just be recency bias on my part.

Great guard play wins games in March. All the national champions over the last decade or so have had above average PGs at least. Duke has Allen and Duval sharing those duties and pissing away like 10 possessions a game with their boneheaded snafus. As I said on Saturday, the defense has improved to the point where getting blitzed off the court in the second round should be avoidable, but we will need our guards to play clutch and savvy basketball at some point to win the title, and after a 30 game sample size, I just don't see that happening. In other words, if I was offered a guarantee of making the FF and losing there, I would take it without much hesitation.

Completely agree with you. Our guards are dumb. Allen and Duval both. I love Allen and I hate Duva. But the fact is they are both low basketball IQ players. And you can't really win in the tourney with low IQ guards.

I wonder how many turnovers we've had just trying to get the ball inside. Seems like we've been getting worse and worse at feeding the post as the season goes on, which is strange. But it could just be recency bias on my part.
We shouldn't feed the post with the plan for those guys to score.

In the words of Aaron Rodgers, R-E-L-A-X

I think we're going to be fine, but I may be in the minority. I think the offense will come around, the defense has been pretty good as of lately. Not to mention we improved in KenPom D to 13 last night.

I don't think any of us wanted to swap great offense for defense. We wanted both to be good. But here we are. Maybe the least typical Duke team of all time.

I definitely am ok with the offense dropping a bit with this level of defense. The margin for error in games is way higher now than in the past where if we weren't hitting we would just get blown out.

Upon further review, I'm not as worried about our offense as I previously was.

Last 4 games where we've struggled:

Clemson has the 8th ranked defense
Louisville has the 18th ranked defense
Syracuse has the 9th ranked defense
Virginia Tech only has the 56th ranked defense but we always struggle in Blacksburg. I think we'll be ok.

Duke has lost 6 games by a total of 27pts or an average of 4.5pts. Take always the NC State game and we've lost 5 games by an average of 3.2pts.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom