You'll never win that argument Axe. Calipari played the Harrison twins over Devin Booker and Tyler Ulis, knowing that he was significantly hurting the team's chances of finishing off an undefeated season and winning a national championship. There's really no argument against Calipari caring more about his kids' feelings than winning titles. K cares far more about success in basketball, so Kentucky has the moral high ground.

Jones is a 5 star and plays 13mpg
Gabriel is a 5 star and plays 23mpg
Wynyard is a 4 star junior who still never plays

Bolden is a sophomore who has been injured often and plays behind two top 7 picks and plays 13mpg.

Not even going to go into him kicking players off the team when he came to UK, or the guys who left last year to play overseas instead of staying at U.K.

The I care about the kids the most act he does makes me sick. He doesn't care about them, he cares about winning. Duke uses the brotherhood as their recruiting tool, Cal uses the "I care more about you than winning" aspect and it's worked pretty well. Fooled a lot of people.

Reactions: TBC
When the Blue Devils made Iona slow down into its halfcourt offense, they got a little bit better defensively, but there were still holes. Roland Griffin infiltrated the middle of the zone for midrange jumpers, and Zach Lewis knocked down a 3-pointer late in the half to bring the Gaels' total to 39 points. Although Duke had a 14-point lead at intermission thanks to a lights-out shooting performance, its defense was still leaving a lot to be desired.

Then, head coach Mike Krzyzewski said his top lieutenant Jeff Capel made the key suggestion in the halftime locker room.

"We went with it in how to change the zone just a little bit, and that worked for us," Krzyzewski said. "But they can shoot the ball. And that's the scariest thing for us going into the game. Because if we're tight a little bit, they start shooting like they did—it's one game, you get a shooter's chance."

http://www.dukechronicle.com/articl...ments-3-2-zone-to-limit-3-pointers-in-victory

Reactions: rome8180
A Kentucky fan was posting about how Marques Bolden gets no minutes and what separates Calipari from K.

I like my responses.

:tearsofjoy:

They are so dumb.

Nice.
But you should buy some Twitter followers. First thing that guy will do is discredit you for that, lol. Bc on Twitter you can't win an argument with a guy with 45 more followers than you.

Also, they're still upset about losing Bolden to us - even though they've lost far more important players to us since then.

The 3-2 zone is definitely coming back in the Elite Eight if we get Kansas.

Yeah I agree with this. I think it would be even more of a no-brainer if a matchup with Villanova ever comes to fruition. Kansas is in the top 25% of the country in three point attempt rate and hits 40% of them. But Villanova takes this to another level- they are ranked 12th nationally in three point attempt rate (also hit 40%).

I'm happy that Capel suggested that adjustment.

I hope they continue to work on and practice it this week. After showing it against Iona both Kansas and Villanova will be more prepared for it, I would imagine.

I'm not a big fan of Seth Greenberg but he did make the good point that it's really hard to properly prep for something your team is really not familiar with in one day, which obviously happens in Games 2, 4 and 6 of the tournament. I don't know whether these coaches ever work on Sunday prep with the team before the Friday game- I suspect they would. Unfortunately Self has the luxury of knowing he's going to see a zone on Sunday if he wins no matter what.

Maybe Syracuse being in the First Four kind of hurt TCU as the 6 seed, because they didn't have certainty on their opponent until Wednesday at like 11pm.

How much time can Self really dedicate to preparing for Duke though? I'm sure they will go over zone offense prep this week, but it won't dominate their time. The majority of their time will still be spent preparing for m2m since they get Clemson first.

Villanova having 5 days to prepare for Duke's zone is worrisome, so, hopefully WVU or Texas Tech just helps us out.

Against Nova I'd switch often between 3-2 and 2-3 so they never get used to it and keep them off balance. But if they're having an off night I don't see any way they can beat us. If they're hitting, they could blow us out.

Reactions: Slap the Floor
Nova has great guards, so I assume they will destroy WVU's press. After that, I am not sure. Purdue is crippled by injuries and I've never seen Texas Tech play.

If we get to the Final Four and lose to Nova, I will still consider it a hell of a season.

Reactions: CMon85
Nova has great guards, so I assume they will destroy WVU's press. After that, I am not sure. Purdue is crippled by injuries and I've never seen Texas Tech play.

If we get to the Final Four and lose to Nova, I will still consider it a hell of a season.

A loss to Nova in the FF or a national title are the only two acceptable outcomes for the season.

Reactions: Slap the Floor

Nothing wrong with losing to arguably the best team. I'll be crushed, but won't look at the season as a disappointment.

I just want a title so bad with what we have coming in next season. The Duke hate would be at an all time high if we win and then have a unanimous #1 and 99 our way thru the season.

Reactions: Inveigle

A loss to Nova in the FF or a national title are the only two acceptable outcomes for the season.
Agree. But man it's tough not to think ahead about potentially winning #6. Because right now, that is a real possibility. Most confidence I've had all season about us winning it all.

Nothing wrong with losing to arguably the best team. I'll be crushed, but won't look at the season as a disappointment.

I just want a title so bad with what we have coming in next season. The Duke hate would be at an all time high if we win and then have a unanimous #1 and 99 our way thru the season.

Not with a team that starts 4 freshmen. They are going to take their lumps, lose some tough games on the road, etc, just like this year. But it's all part of the process, just need them to get it together by March.

This is what I think will happen. I think we win this year, dominate and win next year, the OAD rule is changed, and K retires with 7 titles and 1,140 wins. He takes an emeritus/ambassador role for Duke U. and Capel takes over. Barrett/Reddish/Williamson go 1-2-3 in the draft.

[
Not with a team that starts 4 freshmen. They are going to take their lumps, lose some tough games on the road, etc, just like this year. But it's all part of the process, just need them to get it together by March.

I don't expect them to go undefeated, but I would not be surprised at something like 32-2 before Selection Sunday, especially since K has shown the aptitude and willingness to fix the defense if it's a problem.

This is what I think will happen. I think we win this year, dominate and win next year, the OAD rule is changed, and K retires with 7 titles and 1,140 wins. He takes an emeritus/ambassador role for Duke U. and Capel takes over. Barrett/Reddish/Williamson go 1-2-3 in the draft.
All of those things happening is about as likely as us losing to a 16 next year. Think about that paradox for a moment.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil