Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Re: Duke Recruiting General Discussionah

Of course, the other way to spin 2010 was that it had an elite offense, a top 10 defense and won a championship with a starting lineup that only had one starter who was first round draft pick. 2 bigs worked out okay overall, even if it hurt spacing.

Also, the SF on Duke 2010, who is unfortunately a laughingstock now, shot 39.9% on 5.9 3pt attempts per game in 2010. We will need Tatum to come close to that in order to think of 2017 spacing as being similar to 2010 spacing. Assuming high volume 40% 3pt shooting from Tatum seems too optimistic.

There's a decent chance we're not really talking about a two-bigs lineup for 2017 - we're potentially talking about a three-guys-who-can't-shoot lineup. In that case, those other two guys better be lights out from 3, because the alternative is driving into a paint that's filled with 6 other dudes. Duke 2017 may be remembered, for better or for worse, as the "too many dicks" season.

I'm shocked to be thinking this, but Chase Jeter might not be the key next season. With significant reservation, I believe Jayson Tatum will be more important than Chase Jeter to Duke's success in 2017.

Last edited by a moderator:
Tyler Herro - never heard of him but I he was mentioned on twitter so I went looking for a video. We aren't recruiting him as far as I know, but based solely on this three minutes of evidence, we should be. Class of 2018

Ain't no good if there's too much wood

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Also, the SF on Duke 2010, who is unfortunately a laughingstock now, shot 39.9% on 5.9 3pt attempts per game in 2010. We will need Tatum to come close to that in order to think of 2017 spacing as being similar to 2010 spacing. Assuming high volume 40% 3pt shooting from Tatum seems too optimistic.

There's a decent chance we're not really talking about a two-bigs lineup for 2017 - we're potentially talking about a three-guys-who-can't-shoot lineup. In that case, those other two guys better be lights out from 3, because the alternative is driving into a paint that's filled with 6 other dudes. Duke 2017 may be remembered, for better or for worse, as the "too many dicks" season.

I'm shocked to be thinking this, but Chase Jeter might not be the key next season. With significant reservation, I believe Jayson Tatum will be more important than Chase Jeter to Duke's success in 2017.

There's some small part of me that wants Tre Jones to go elsewhere because it's going to be so difficult for him to be compared to the perfection that was his brother's one year career at Duke.

Scout #24 overall recruit in the Marvin Bagley class (after the Wendell Carter class).

I would watch a sitcom starring Scheyer and Smith doing their real life jobs, with typical stupid white guy/black guy contrast humor.

2018-2019 team:

Derryck Thornton (RS JR) / Tre Jones (FR)
Gary Trent (SO) / freshman
Luke Kennard (SR) / Jack White (JR)
Marvin Bagley (FR) / Javin Montgomery-DeLaurier (JR)
Chase Jeter (SR) / Antonio Vrankovic (SR)

Chase Jeter is the key. Again.

Seriously, assuming we get Tre Jones and some OAD stud forward like Bagley, there aren't that many spots left to fill. Maybe just one other freshman guard/wing. Another big would be nice if Vrankovic never becomes decent.

Time will tell but it's hard to imagine Nolan not absolutely killing it on the recruiting trail.

We are on a historic run and could potentially have a legendary 2017 class.

We will be losing Jones, Jefferson, Giles, Allen, and Tatum for sure. Obi may be gone by then. Bolden and Frank may be one and dones.

That's 8 roster spots.

Guys we could potentially land:

Mohamed Bamba (7'8 wingspan)
Wendell Carter
Kevin Knox
Gary Trent
a PG (probably Quade Green)
Deng Gak (7'5 wingspan)
another guard or wing
another guard or wing ?

They might as well hang the 2017 and 2018 national title banners up.

Just give me Carter/Bamba in 2017 and everything else was fall into place. That would be one of the best, if not the best, front line's Duke has ever had, and they should be great on both ends, unlike Okafor.

Love everything I am reading about Carter. Smart dude with a commitment to having a well-rounded game.

Apparently putting a lot of work on his perimeter game.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom