Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

What an absurd post. We’ve had success on the West Coast over the period Childress covered, namely Kyle Singler.

kyle-singler-fan.png

Maybe throw it in a few more threads.
Sorry. Got excited and didn't know where to put it.

If this pans out, we could have "The Class The Stars Fell On."

Kentucky gets Quickley, maybe Bol Bol, maybe Shareef + scraps.

Nope. Just picked one of the many generals in the actual class the stars fell on

What do you want to get better at?

My defense, my rebounding, getting more rebounds and my shooting.

We need more guys who want to rebound this much.

Who has prioritized you and really said, “you’re our guy”?

Michigan State and that’s pretty much it.
Is there anybody else that you feel is recruiting you pretty hard?

Duke

Are you going to take any new visits?

I’m still trying to decide on going to Countdown to Craziness in two weeks

Duke is recruiting him hard but saying "you're not our guy."

There is something going on with Williams (maybe family influence?) that is preventing him from coming to Duke.

I kind of want them in the backcourt too but seems that ship as sailed. Hopefully Tre is mature/poised beyond his years like Tyus to mitigate that.

Or to roll with the perfectly good upperclassman bigs we will have. Not every position needs a star, and if we're going to have experienced glue guys on the court I'd most want them in the interior. We could use a little depth though.

"Perfectly good upperclassman bigs" as in Javin DeLaurier and Antonio Vrankovic? I mean, I hope they turn out to be GREAT players but I can't say they are "perfectly good" at this point. They've barely played!- and there is a reason for that- and it's not because Krzyzewski is a bad coach. I'm not going to get into a huge critique of their individual games but we need a stud in the post in the vein of Vernon Carey if we want to be the title favorite, which should always be the goal. This assumes no Zion. If Zion comes and plays the 4, I think a combo of Javin and Vrank at the 5 would be passable.

If a program needs the #1 or 2 freshman at every position to come in and start every season in order to be a national title favorite, isn’t there something wrong with the coaching and player development at that program? Duke needs ready-made generational talent at each position to be the favorite these days, even though Duke has The Master as head coach to teach and train multi-year top 50 recruits? Seems like a bizarre situation.

If a program needs the #1 or 2 freshman at every position to come in and start every season in order to be a national title favorite, isn’t there something wrong with the coaching and player development at that program? Duke needs ready-made generational talent at each position to be the favorite these days, even though Duke has The Master as head coach to teach and train multi-year top 50 recruits? Seems like a bizarre situation.

I think we should go after more top-50s. No argument there. I'd love to have some fat big like Meeks who'd stay for 4 years and grab a bunch of boards.

But Vrankovic wasn't top 200 and we're saying he's perfectly good? Seems crazy to me.

At some point, it becomes more meaningful to use rate stats (per possession, per minute, rebounding percentages) to assess a player’s ability rather than high school recruiting rankings.

Why would The Master offer a full scholarship to attend the Harvard of the Carolinas and play basketball at the preeminent amateur basketball organization in world history, in the hallowed halls of the modern Roman Colosseum, to a player who is not expected to become perfectly good as a senior? Is The Master a fool or something?

At some point, it becomes more meaningful to use rate stats (per possession, per minute, rebounding percentages) to assess a player’s ability rather than high school recruiting rankings.

Why would The Master offer a full scholarship to attend the Harvard of the Carolinas and play basketball at the preeminent amateur basketball organization in world history, in the hallowed halls of the modern Roman Colosseum, to a player who is not expected to become perfectly good as a senior? Is The Master a fool or something?

lol

You can use your rate stats for the 8 games in which Vrank saw mom-up duty if you wish. Every team needs role players and backups. There is no way K wants to count on Vrank for 30 minutes a game. He'll be a nice depth piece as a junior and hopefully as a senior.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom