Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

Two things to start this Friday off with a bang:

1. A 247 account is absolutely worth it. Steve Clark with a great interview with fascinating tidbits that just dropped.

2. Get your fucking popcorn ready.

1. A 247 account is absolutely worth it. Steve Clark with a great interview with fascinating tidbits that just dropped.

Can you elaborate on #2 please?

I prefer butter with my popcorn as a heads up.

Can you elaborate on #2 please?

I prefer butter with my popcorn as a heads up.

Speaking on the composition of the class.

Without going into much detail, it seems like we've focused on a core group. I am naturally optimistic so I think there's a good chance we land Chandler and Banchero to put with Christie, Baldwin, and Griffin.

Pure speculation on my part: there's probably a text group between those guys and perhaps their families.

The odds of this happening have got to be miniscule.

The only way I can see this happening is by Duke being able to pay them for the exposure they will get, which would be an enormous sum of money.

If you just base it on TV exposure, Duke is unquestionably the most exposed program in MBB.

If you pick any five random players we're not likely to land them all, but I still see the odds as something like 30% rather than miniscule. We land most of the individual players we target. But of course you're talking 70-99% odds for each, which brings down the odds for the whole package somewhat.

I don't see why the odds would be miniscule. We've landed classes basically that good before.
I shouldn’t speak for the man, but maybe he’s more referring to the odds of all of them actually playing college basketball instead of G-League

Last edited:
Yeah, I guess the odds of those kind of defections could increase before 2021. I do think Duke is better positioned than most schools to avoid that.

The only way I can see this happening is by Duke being able to pay them for the exposure they will get, which would be an enormous sum of money.

If you just base it on TV exposure, Duke is unquestionably the most exposed program in MBB.

That is what the Duke staff wants and we are going very hard after them all and pitching them to play together.

Whether you believe it is possible . . . is another question.

Nobody gave us a chance of landing Zion/Cam/RJ. Well, almost nobody.

I do think Duke is better positioned than most, if not all basketball schools.

It is really fucking weird to me that the NBA, without officially ending OAD, is going to end OAD with the G League or whatever the feeder to the G League is going to be. Seems kind of underhanded.

I don't see why the odds would be miniscule. We've landed classes basically that good before.
I shouldn’t speak for the man, but maybe he’s more referring to the odds of all of them actually playing college basketball instead of G-League

Assume you're talking about Steve Clark. To be clear: he did not say we were going to land any of them.

But his interview clearly states the plan for Duke is to land Chandler/Banchero/Baldwin/Christie to put with Griffin.

And there are some things working in our favor, IMO.

That is what the Duke staff wants and we are going very hard after them all and pitching them to play together.

I don't think it was that unrealistic, what most of us thought was that if Duke landed Zion, then it confirmed Duke was paying players.

Assume you're talking about Steve Clark. To be clear: he did not say we were going to land any of them.

But his interview clearly states the plan for Duke is to land Chandler/Banchero/Baldwin/Christie to put with Griffin.

And there are some things working in our favor, IMO.
I don't want to speak for the man, but he was referring to me.

I don't think it was that unrealistic, what most of us thought was that if Duke landed Zion, then it confirmed Duke was paying players.

I made my peace with this a long time ago.

I hope we are paying the absolute most of anybody. They deserve it. I greatly suspect that it is true.

Coach K would position it as a business decision if he got caught and had to explain it.

At which point a few DF posters said they would stop watching Duke basketball

At which point a few DF posters said they would stop watching Duke basketball
🤔🤔🤔
🤔🤔🤔🤔

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil