Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Food and Alcohol

It's impossible for turkey to be dry if it's simply drenched in gravy, cranberry sauce, mashed potatoes, and a bit of casserole or something. Every Thanksgiving bite should be a perfectly-portioned, gluttonous mix of all of the things.

As one of the aforementioned turkey haters, I agree completely on the blandness of white meat and dislike of ham.

We ordered our entire thanksgiving meal from a BBQ spot down the street. Brisket, turkey, mac, potatoes, greens, and desert for about $100. All we have to do tomorrow is prep the food for serving. 10/10 will do again.

Got takeout from Kiichi Ramen on Ninth Street for the first time today. It basically just opened. Still had a "Soft Opening" sign hanging up. It was packed. Don't worry, I ordered online and wore my mask. Figured since I've tested negative for covid multiple times and since I don't have a fever today, that was probably safe.

Was impressed that they had my order ready to go despite the insane rush. The ramen is very solid. Better than Dashi (which I don't like) but not as good as M Kokko. But unlike M Kokko, there's a bunch of different ramen choices. And since it's closer to my house and parking is easier, I'll probably go there again. It's also pretty reasonably priced ($15.99).

Kiichi Ramen.jpg

Last edited:
Have yet to try Szechuan Mansion Hotpot since it came to Ninth Street. Anyone been there? You kind of need a group to do hotpot, imo. It's extremely well reviewed (a perfect five stars based on 651 reviews). I know there's one in Cary, presumably owned by the same people, that's been open for years and also has great reviews.

Ninth Street getting more good Asian cuisine is about the only good thing to happen to that area in years.

Been meaning to. We tried to go kinda last minute one night in October but it was crowded and had like an hour wait so we bailed.

Why does every place in Durham serve nitro cold brew with ice? That defeats the entire purpose. Durham is the only city I've lived in that doesn't understand this. Ironically, Starbucks is the one place that actually serves it without ice. It's the local coffee shops that are the offenders.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom