Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Food and Alcohol

Mediterranean Deli was the source of the fire. Possibly my favorite place to eat in the entire Triangle. They're hugely popular, so I doubt this will cause them to shut down for good, but I imagine it'll be a while before they reopen. I'd be pretty devastated if they didn't. I eat there literally every time I see a show at the Cat's Cradle.

Heard about that yesterday. Makes me so sad. I worry with rents on Franklin it will be difficulty to rebuild a place of that size affordably, even with insurance and that they will either move or the store will change sufficiently to never be the same.

True, though I bet they're going to get a lot of community help.

This is just further proof that there is no god. Or if there is one, his tastes in food suck and he just wants us to eat at Panera.

Reactions: aiw
Took 14 months for Pommes Frites to reopen after their fire in NY. They reopened in an even more foot trafficky, presumably more expensive location. Never been to the new one. Actually looks like the single best location they could ever hope to find in the world, near Mamoun’s and Off The Wagon, across from Washington Square Park and next to NYU grad housing. I would expect any successful business to be fine from the insurance money and take some time to find the ideal location.

What's up with Thai Cafe only having kra prao (basil dish with ground chicken or pork) on the lunch menu? It's literally my favorite Thai dish. I went their a couple weeks ago for lunch, saw they had it, and got very excited. Despite it being a famous Thai dish, it's kind of hard to find unless you live in a big city. Went to order now and it's not on the dinner menu.

What's up with Thai Cafe only having kra prao (basil dish with ground chicken or pork) on the lunch menu? It's literally my favorite Thai dish. I went their a couple weeks ago for lunch, saw they had it, and got very excited. Despite it being a famous Thai dish, it's kind of hard to find unless you live in a big city. Went to order now and it's not on the dinner menu.
Seems to be a printed menu issue. The takeout order online menu has “Ka Prow (D. Ground),” which we’ve ordered a number of times.

Seems to be a printed menu issue. The takeout order online menu has “Ka Prow (D. Ground),” which we’ve ordered a number of times.
Good to know. I ended up with Drunken Noodle. It was fine, but not quite what I wanted. They also pussed out on making it "Thai Hot." I got Thai Hot from Twisted Noodle once and it melted my face off.

Good to know. I ended up with Drunken Noodle. It was fine, but not quite what I wanted. They also pussed out on making it "Thai Hot." I got Thai Hot from Twisted Noodle once and it melted my face off.
We ordered Ka Prow pork, medium once and it came a lot hotter than expected. My wife struggled with it and heat never bothers her.

Yeah, maybe it's just one of those places were there's very little difference between medium and hottest possible. Some places take it seriously and some cater to Americans. Next time I should order with a fake Thai name and see what happens.

This is the best beer I've had in a while. I understand that some people are anti-pumpkin flavor. I'm not, but it's actually quite subtle. It's also 8.2% alcohol but doesn't taste like it the way many high gravity beers do. Very reasonably priced too. Made in Raleigh.

Image hidden simply due to large image size. It's not a picture of a dick, I promise.

Brueprint .jpg

YES! I had that scotch ale the other day, the brewery is in my backyard. Fantastic for a cool fall day.

With Boston Market having gone under, is there a place to buy a few pounds of cooked turkey? I don't need a whole bird. Wegmans has it, but as far as I can tell it's turkey breast, which is hot garbage. I only want dark meat turkey.

With Boston Market having gone under, is there a place to buy a few pounds of cooked turkey? I don't need a whole bird. Wegmans has it, but as far as I can tell it's turkey breast, which is hot garbage. I only want dark meat turkey.
I think my folks do that from Saladelia. Can't remember if it's only breast, though.

I do not care for turkey and will always choose ham when that choice is available. My brother-in-law fried a turkey once, and that was the only turkey I’ve ever liked.

I knew this would turn into a discussion from turkey haters. I love turkey but only the dark meat. The white meat is way too dry. Hate ham. It always tastes like shitty lunch meat to me, no matter how it's prepared.

I could happily eat Thanksgiving food twice a week for the rest of my life. Love all of it. My family prepares it really well, but I even like the cheap versions (boxed stuffing, powdered gravy, etc.).

Problem solved. Harris Teeter had packages of turkey drumsticks. I bought way more than I need because they're so cheap. I do have to cook them, but at least I'm not spending $80 on a full turkey I don't need.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom