Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Food and Alcohol

He held a loaded gun, with a round in the chamber, to a kids throat. The worst people in the world are American white men.

Last edited:
He held a loaded gun, with a round in the chamber, to a kids throat. The worst people I'm the world are American white men.
The four years of Trump, with the pandemic coming at the tail end of it, really demonstrated that.

the student union place or whatever you call it where the devils krafthouse is has a sushi place and and Asian place that already crush Panda Express. I am also shocked to learn the Bryan Center has Teh Loop since 2000.Amazing, Just 3 years earlier, there was a Burger King and Armadillo Grill (awesome)

There is a Loop in Chazel Hill int the Trader Joe’s shopping Cnter and a pizza place in that student union thing that used to be thrnblue and white room

doing 5 restaurants that need reservations in 6 weeks before we leave Durham. We are through 3 so far and they all were excellent: 1.Elements 2. Mateo 3. Vin Rouge (tonight) 4, Gocciolina (Saturday) and 5. Cucciolo in 2 weeks. What else do I need to hit?

Also, a couple week ago, my 16 year old ate the tarantula burger at Bull City Burger. It was fucking revolting. He put a leg that fell off on my bun and I almost beat the shit out of him in front of everyone. Disgusted, but proud.

the student union place or whatever you call it where the devils krafthouse is has a sushi place and and Asian place that already crush Panda Express. I am also shocked to learn the Bryan Center has Teh Loop since 2000.Amazing, Just 3 years earlier, there was a Burger King and Armadillo Grill (awesome)
Panda Express is garbage, but I ate it basically every Wednesday this semester. I was on campus in the morning and by 1pm as I was finishing up that shift I was starving. I needed to eat something before I did my Elon shift. The Panda Express was the easiest thing to eat near the quad.

All the corn syrup always left me feeling slightly ill. I do enjoy their chow mein, though.

doing 5 restaurants that need reservations in 6 weeks before we leave Durham. We are through 3 so far and they all were excellent: 1.Elements 2. Mateo 3. Vin Rouge (tonight) 4, Gocciolina (Saturday) and 5. Cucciolo in 2 weeks. What else do I need to hit?
M Sushi would be the top of my list if I were in your shoes.

Wife loves it. I’m not a fan of sushi. M Kokko, however, but no reservations there.

M Sushi would be the top of my list if I were in your shoes.

M Sushi has become my absolute favorite restaurant. Went to their new Cary location a couple of times, each meal was immaculate. Freshest ingredients I've ever tasted.

Bleu Olive is sneakily up there in the Durham food top tier, IMO, strip mall location aside.

There's a new hot pot place opening up on Ninth Street. Pretty excited about that. I haven't had hot pot since 2013 or so when I worked at a traditional Chinese restaurant.

It's got the same name as a location in Cary: Szechuan Mansion. I've never been to the Cary location, but I'd noticed it once when I was out there. I looked it up, saw it had 4.8 stars, and planned to go. But you really have to go with a group to make it worth it. So it hadn't happened yet. Having it in Durham is going to make it way easier to organize.

I bought this one recently. Haven't had a chance to try it on a bunch of different things yet, but my first impressions were very positive. It's been featured on Hot Ones.

I'm actually planning out what to eat tonight based on what I can use this sauce for.

Screenshot 2023-05-23 at 6.58.41 PM.png

It's reasonably priced too. I think it's like $3-4 around here, depending on if you go to the yuppie store or the poor person store.

I've been feeling sick the last couple of days, so today I really wanted ramen. MKokko is closed on Mondays and I don't like Dashi that much. So I tried this place called Urban Noodle. I was pleasantly surprised. Not quite as good as MKokko, but better than Dashi. And of course, they have way more options than MKokko since it's an actual ramen place.

It's kind of a pain to get to since it's well down 54. About 20 minutes from my house. So I doubt I'll go there that often, but I will definitely go again. Got the tonkotsu ramen, which is always my favorite. About the same price as MKokko and you get more pork belly.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom