Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Former Duke Coaches

“I promise you the next time I’m in that situation I will make them,” Williams said. “Some of those things happen.”

Liar

J-Will got a ton of assists by being able to throw it to JJ, Sheldon, Dunleavy, Battier, and Boozer.

He didn't play with JJ and Shelden. But the other guys, sure, plus, at times, Carrawell, Duhon, and Dahntay.

The team went 7-19 from the line in that 2002 FSU game.

Williams missed 6 in a row in the last 5 minutes, including 4 in the last minute and a half and 2 with 20 sec left that would have put Duke up 3.

FSU ‘02 was a bottom 5 regular season loss. They were terrible.

Williams missed 6 in a row in the last 5 minutes, including 4 in the last minute and a half and 2 with 20 sec left that would have put Duke up 3.

Would love to see this list. NC State 2017 has to be up there.

There’s two categories really - pain and embarrassment/frustration. Most painful regular losses are all to UNC. ‘03 and ‘05 @ Dean Dome and ‘06, ’19 with the shoe blowout and ‘22 at Cameron all come to mind. Definitely others before I started watching.

Most embarrassing/frustrating: FSU ‘02, NC State ‘17, Miami ‘21 (worst KP loss), ND ‘21, SFA ‘20, Wake ‘20, Clemson ‘09, Miami ‘13 (biggest loss ever for a #1 team), St. John’s ‘18 (they were 0-11 in the Big East), maybe St. John‘s ’03 (outscored 12-0 to end game and lose by 1).

St Johns 2003 was the first Duke game I ever attended in person. I was 14 and it was literally the worst feeling ever.

Would love to see this list. NC State 2017 has to be up there.

There’s two categories really - pain and embarrassment/frustration. Most painful regular losses are all to UNC. ‘03 and ‘05 @ Dean Dome and ‘06, ’19 with the shoe blowout and ‘22 at Cameron all come to mind. Definitely others before I started watching.

Most embarrassing/frustrating: FSU ‘02, NC State ‘17, Miami ‘21 (worst KP loss), ND ‘21, SFA ‘20, Wake ‘20, Clemson ‘09, Miami ‘13 (biggest loss ever for a #1 team), St. John’s ‘18 (they were 0-11 in the Big East), maybe St. John‘s ’03 (outscored 12-0 to end game and lose by 1).
Great list. Would also like to add '14 ND and '22 UVA

2014 ND and Wake were both really bad losses to ACC bottom feeders.

2022 UVA was one of the worst Cameron losses.

Frustrating: We lost a bunch in Lawrence Joel in the aughts where the entire team had at least four fouls by the end of the game. Some of the most awful, obscene wars of attrition ever. Fuck Prosser and Gaudio for how they coached those teams.

Year before blew a double digit lead to Michigan in Cameron. Tractor Traylor with a dunk at the buzzer. Duke didn't score last 6+ minutes.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom