Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Former Duke Coaches

It was time. It was arguably time after 2020. I’m glad he didn’t trudge on for another 5-10 years and become our version of Boeheim/Bowden/Paterno.

I agree. In fact you can tell last year he had an extra spring in his step because he knew this was it, it was almost over. I do believe he squeezed every bit of joy, but he also squeezed every bit out of himself left it all on the floor. That's why he doesn't miss it, because he gave it everything he had and has nothing left to give.

So I guess we can expect them to do Duke a solid with other questionable draft picks. They've drafted Reddish, Johnson, and Griffin. Stocking up on Duke disappointments. I expect them to take Whitehead this year.

Watching Coach K get older is quite difficult for me and has opened a new pathway of thinking in my mind. It can be challenging, almost frightening depending on the context, to see people you look up to or admire get older. For so long Coach K was a monumental figure in my life to the point where I had this perception of immortality with him. Time and age come for us all. I truly hope he's able to live with adequate physical and mental health for years to come and enjoys retirement to the maximum with his wife, daughters, and grandchildren.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom