Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Frank Jackson

Idk, apparently Slater had mentioned that the competition he plays against isn't quite as bad as Semi's. I think Lone Peak plays something of a national schedule with some of the high school tournaments they play in. Regardless, some of those slams are just diabolical.

I think Jackson should be a perfect 3 year players. I'd be surprised if he plays more than 10 mpg behind Grayson and Jones, but I look forward to him and Kennard running things in the Bamba-Carter year.

Here he is going up against real competition. The other guy in the video is going to UConn. This is long, but worth watching. Lol at this guy being 7th or 8th in our rotation (though I won't be surprised if he jumps Thornton).

Last edited by a moderator:
Jackson really fits into the Grayson Allen mold. I'd bet on him being the leading scoring on the 2017/2018 team.

It'll be nice to have another guy who draws fouls at 50%+ and hits 90% of his FTs.

Jackson appears to have some bounce, and his shots came more in the flow of the offense than the UConn recruits shots did, IMO. I was impressed with how well jackson finished when he was getting bumped.

I like the way he shoots coming off high ball screens. It looked like his team did more to get him open and had better ball movement. Maybe just better coaching.

Well, coaching is part of it, but part of it is that Jackson is clearly not a PG at this point. His handle is pretty loose. The kid that is going to UConn is much more ball dominant, but he has the ball handling skills to be a college PG. Running Jackson off screens is definitely a better way to get him good shots than having him dribble around the perimeter and shoot step back 3's.

One and done. I hope the coaches know what they're doing by not going after more guards than Gary Trent in the class after Jackson.

Next season:

Jackson, Thornton
Jones
Kennard
Tatum, DeLaurier
Giles, Jeter

Season after next:

Thornton
Kennard, Trent
Harvey/Knox
Carter, DeLaurier
Bamba, Jeter

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope the freshmen can play defense. Offense should definitely be top 3 again.

Jesus, watching him in warm ups was like watching Clyde Drexler in actual college games.

Grayson can probably jump just as high, but Jackson reminds me of Gerald Henderson in the way he seems to defy gravity.

It's the bounce followed by the knees bending up, illusion of extreme vertical. Drexler did this, so did 'Nique.

I'm just ready for the "Frank the Tank" chants echoing through Cameron.

Followed by Frank doing this:

frank-the-tank-o.gif

You guys are literally crazy if you think Grayson can jump as high. The "defying gravity" and "illusion of extreme vertical" is actually just him jumping really fucking high.

Yea, Grayson's had some great dunks but he never gets *that* high. I think Rome correctly pointed out that he barely grazes the rim on a lot of his finishes.

Well, he did jump over three Duke players in high school.

Also, I'm sorry but some guys just seem to glide while they're jumping. Has nothing to do with vertical. Gerald Henderson actually didn't measure out especially impressively at the combine. His jumps just look different. Don't know how to explain it any better than that.

IMO two-feet jumpers like Gerald appear to be more explosive for whatever reason. Maybe because his jump is going more straight vertical than a one-foot jump?

Some guys just jump faster like if you try to jump multiple times in a row. Some guys are good at just bouncing with little effort to get back up to the same height. I always felt Gerald jumped faster in the sense that he didn't really need to cool up first or bend his knees much though not necessarily higher

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom