Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

I agree that teams aren't respecting it, but why is that? Because they don't think it will go in or because they don't think it will actually be attempted? Brandon Ingram was a 68% FT shooter but that didn't stop him from attempting 5.4 threes a game, on a team that was not as well equipped to grab the misses. And teams respected that shot. Bagley is taking 2.1 threes a game and Carter is taking 1.2, and almost none of them are in rhythm. They all look like they are apologizing for taking those shots. Which is ridiculous because both of these guys (Carter in particular, as a Horford clone) figure to rely on outside shooting to round out their games at the next level.

Really anything these lottery picks can do is going to be better than turning it over every third possession or taking bad midrange shots. I wouldn't mind seeing a game where Carter bombs 10 3s wide open, and Bagley's entire mindset is to grab the bricks. I would mind seeing the roles reversed, though.

If Carter is no worse than Winslow or Ingram as a long range shooter, then we must be able to see an offense more effective than this trash where they pass around the perimeter until they can find a big on an entry pass and then the big tries to score with 3-4 bodies around him. The greatness of Bagley and Carter as post scorers has made this not too bad, but I wonder what Duke could do if they try to modernize instead of playing UNC basketball.

Grayson/Isaiah Wilkins/Lennard Freeman could be a really tough ACC team. Too bad Joel Berry will be ineligible.

His struggles the last 6 weeks are frustrating to all posters here, no doubt. Many of you are not surprised, as you see a continuation of spotty play from 16/17.

I really do think he is working hard on individual defence, though. That does not necessarily excuse the poor shooting/offence, but he is contributing in other aspects of the game.

I hope I don't sound like an apologist for the poor offence, but I do believe he is working on his floor game to help the team.

On offence, he is not trying to be a black hole or do things out of his element to try and prove something to scouts, which is great...but he must get that aggression back.

IDK, Toronto. I've watched the majority of these games. Grayson is a very able facilitator, but I don't see much else as being evidence of growth in his game.

His shot selection has been awful at times, passing up wide open 3's in order to take a forced mid range jumper seems to be his current folly.

His defense has never been a positive, but he makes terrible decisions there as well. He is a reacher for one thing, and that seems like a systemic issue with K's teams this decade. Allen can not stay in a balanced defensive stance for any length of time, loses his man on screens, doesn't close out well--he and Bagley are so similar defensively.

The zone has certainly helped hide some of Grayson's flaws, but of all the infuriating things about Grayson, not becoming a positive defensive player after 4 years at Duke is the most infuriating. K has almost always managed to transform a senior into a net plus on defense, but Allen is just not growing in almost any discernable way.

This team is in a hotly contested race with 2014 for dumbest team ever. If I had to rank the basketball iq of this group it would probably be:

Carter (above average)
Trent (average to slightly above average)
Allen (missing something in his brain)
Bagley (severely impaired)
Duval (shit for brains)

This team is moronic but I also can’t get the image of a Parker jumper right inside the three point line, or a Sulaimon drive into three defenders’ chests, out of my mind.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom