Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Grayson Allen

Everything he does feels forced. I hate to reference such a tired, sports cliche, but the game hasn’t slowed down at all for him. If anything it has sped up.

Of his 6 TOs tonight the last one was the most egregious. Simple PnR with Carter but Tech defended it well. Yet he still tried to force it through a window that wasn’t there.

I can only assume that Capel speaks to him like a toddler during those dumbass film sessions.

That is what I mean we I say he has low basketball IQ. Just got a no call that the crowd is screaming about so you know the refs are looking for a make up call. You don't make it easy on them by doing something so obvious. If anything you don't do anything that is remotely like a foul.

So on my MSN home page I see a bunch of headlines including "Grayson Allen incident". I usually know what this refers to without looking but I'm stumped this time. Anyone know? Surely this is not a story about missed 3-pointers.

So on my MSN home page I see a bunch of headlines including "Grayson Allen incident". I usually know what this refers to without looking but I'm stumped this time. Anyone know? Surely this is not a story about missed 3-pointers.

Apparently some people on Twitter thought he tried to kick Justin Robinson during that scramble for a loose ball, so someone shat out a few grafs about it and put it on the internet.

Apparently some people on Twitter thought he tried to kick Justin Robinson during that scramble for a loose ball, so someone shat out a few grafs about it and put it on the internet.

On Twitter it looked like the kind of clickbait that would lead you to a page with a “Start Slideshow” button.

Has there ever been a more mercurial player with such an up-and-down career to play for Duke than Grayson Allen?

Freshman: Sparingly used reserve who showed flashes of future excellence for most of the season, before unexpectedly exploding in the national championship game, helping lead his team back from a 9-point second half deficit and a title. Instant Duke legend whose great career was only beginning.

Sophomore: Brilliant All-American caliber player on an undermanned team. Fearless and gutty. Arguably ahead of JJ Redick at the same stage of their respective careers. Also tripped two players, but was forgiven by the supportive American public.

Junior: Suffers total mental breakdown and brings shame on the University only comparable to Penn St. after the Jerry Sandusky scandal by tripping yet another opposing player. America rightly outraged at this appalling behavior. Struggled mightily on court too, as he rightfully should have after such heinous actions.

Senior (first 30 games): Begins season a reformed man and lights up MSU for 37 points, before deferring - as any good senior captain would - to the freshmen for most of the year. Seemingly much more effective without selfish Bagley on the court. Spotty shooting and turnover prone.

Final 3-10 games TBD. Lead Duke to a title playing savvy and mistake-free basketball in the tournament, becoming the first Blue Devil since the superstars from 91-92 to win multiple titles in his career, and his jersey will likely hang from the rafters. Get tossed from a second round blowout loss where he commits 7 turnovers after tripping a fourth innocent opponent and shoving an official, and we can all thank him for 2015 & 2016, but try and forget the remainder of his career.

Watching Jalen Brunson down the stretch last night, when he almost single-handedly prevented Nova from losing an easily losable road game against a good opponent, was a pretty stark reminder of what we should be able to reasonably expect from a talented veteran guard. Alas.

Watching Jalen Brunson down the stretch last night, when he almost single-handedly prevented Nova from losing an easily losable road game against a good opponent, was a pretty stark reminder of what we should be able to reasonably expect from a talented veteran guard. Alas.

He (Brunson) did miss the front end of a one-and-one in regulation with 23 seconds to go, but he is one heIIuva player! Probably the POY

I'm concerned about how he handles the emotional pressure of today's game. It would be a good day to slip him some lithium, I think. Maybe some zoloft, as well. And a xanax probably wouldn't hurt.

I love him, and I'm terrified thinking about how he may react to his final Cameron game.

I'm concerned about how he handles the emotional pressure of today's game. It would be a good day to slip him some lithium, I think. Maybe some zoloft, as well. And a xanax probably wouldn't hurt.

I love him, and I'm terrified thinking about how he may react to his final Cameron game.
I opened this thread to post the same thought. I worry he’ll play like an insane person.

Set some screens or get him isolated where he can drive the ball. Get their guards in foul trouble.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom