Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Isaiah Evans

Really hope we can see him at the 2 a fair amount next year. Just unleash all sorts of length in the event Mitchell returns.

Really hope we can see him at the 2 a fair amount next year. Just unleash all sorts of length in the event Mitchell returns.
I agree that 2 is where he can maybe have more advantages than disadvantages, physically, but I also hope we have some physically strong guards starting. A junior Proctor and soph Foster, for example, would have the size and physicality.

My question is, does he have the quickness to get to the rim against college defenders, we don't have one of those this year and you need that when shots are not falling.

He's going to be playing against New Hanover for the title so maybe a local Wilmington channel will carry the game.

Just checked to see if maybe the game would be played nearby but, nope, they're playing at The Joel. Gross, but at least he'll have played a game on Wake's disgusting court.

My question is, does he have the quickness to get to the rim against college defenders, we don't have one of those this year and you need that when shots are not falling.
Doesn't appear that he does in the videos I've seen. His length is his advantage at the HS level.

Browsing for any new or interesting Duke basketball info, I came across this site: www.btlscouting.org

Looked up Isaiah Evans, and other than measurements, this was all it said:

Notes​

Nike Hoop Summit Practice 4/10/24

He was the only person on either team that seemed to be resistant to the coaching he was receving (sic). He consistently had something to say mumbled under his breath when the coaches got onto him. He was aggresive (sic) as a defender.

Hopefully this means that he's very astute at recognizing poor coaching strategies and not that he's going to be a disgruntled problem child who transfers out at the end of the first semester.

Browsing for any new or interesting Duke basketball info, I came across this site: www.btlscouting.org

Looked up Isaiah Evans, and other than measurements, this was all it said:

Notes​

Nike Hoop Summit Practice 4/10/24

He was the only person on either team that seemed to be resistant to the coaching he was receving (sic). He consistently had something to say mumbled under his breath when the coaches got onto him. He was aggresive (sic) as a defender.

Hopefully this means that he's very astute at recognizing poor coaching strategies and not that he's going to be a disgruntled problem child who transfers out at the end of the first semester.
His body language was awful during the Hoop Summit game, too. He’s got a lot of maturing to do in that regard.

All.aboard the hate train, baby.

Harris might be the freshman wing I'm least annoyed by. He seems to play not-flashy but competent positional defense, and has a low-maintenance offensive game that should work well as a low-usage complement.

Meanwhile, Evans is going to struggle to adjust to college defenders and playing a supporting role, and Kon will get targeted on D and continue to have chubby pink cheeks. You heard it here first.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom