Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jeremy Roach

Yes and that small stretch -- which certainly didn't carry over to the Tenn game -- was predicated on Proctor being moved to a natural PG playmaking role and thriving there because it had been a disaster when Roach was manning it

Yes and that small stretch -- which certainly didn't carry over to the Tenn game -- was predicated on Proctor being moved to a natural PG playmaking role and thriving there because it had been a disaster when Roach was manning it
Whatever changes the staff made for the last 10 games, they led to Roach's field goal attempts, assists, and turnovers all going up over that span compared to the first 27 games. BR doesn't show usage splits, but I'd assume from those numbers his usage probably went up very slightly as well. Those were all small increases, but the efficiency jump over the stretch was notable (.489 TS% to .585 TS%).

16 ppg so far on 52/43 shooting. 124 offensive rating. Would be better if he wasn't 67% from the line.

No one wanted him to come back. And here he is, our best guard so far. Yes, it's only two games. But he's the only player besides Flip to play well in both games.
I certainly wanted him back, worst-case as a mentor to our young backcourt.

Scheyer is using Flip and Roach right, I think. The guys around them just have to keep getting better at the shot-hitting, spacing, cutting, catching.
Yeah, I think the hope would be that everyone else becomes enough of a threat in their specific roles that you can't simply load up on the Roach-Flip PNR. If that happens, then you can spam the shit out of the Flip-Roach PNR in tight games when it really matters.

My only complaint with the usage of Flip is the postups. I like him more as a short roll guy. I feel like when Flip posts up, the off-ball movement dies and it's just four guys standing on the perimeter waiting for a kickout as Flip is triple-teamed. And often, teams only have to worry about 2-3 of those guys. This makes closeouts easier. If we could get more movement around a Flip postup, I would like them more, but ultimately it's still not my preferred way to use him.

This seems good. Okay, maybe the 2-2 record isn't so good. But that's clearly not Roach's fault.

Screenshot 2023-12-14 at 10.03.02 AM.png

I'm perfectly fine with that if he's going to play this much better than anyone else. You can't demand we win games and then at the same time demand we play our best players less.

It would be nice if other guys would step up to help him, but if he's going to play like the best guard in the country, even those three minutes he sits are a net negative for the team.

Last edited:
Not sure about that. He's not some naturally elite 3pt shooter. Part of the reason he's hitting so many is that they're all wide open catch-and-shoots.

Not sure about that. He's not some naturally elite 3pt shooter. Part of the reason he's hitting so many is that they're all wide open catch-and-shoots.
I think think the "catch and shoot" part of this is spot on. In year's past, he seemed much more likely to take OTD 3s.

Yeah, I love Jeremy's style of play exactly the way it is right now. His play so far has been reminiscent of Quinn's senior year. I just wish Proctor could be half as good as Quinn's backcourt mate that year.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom