Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jeremy Roach

It was bound to happen, he's not a natural 46% 3 pt shooter, better he has a cold stretch now than in 2 weeks.

1) Shooting poorly now doesn't insulate him from shooting poorly in two weeks

2) I wanted him to maintain his percentages for the achievement of it

3) How do we know what kind of natural shooter he is now? He also made a massive jump in FT percentage. If you do something for almost the entirety of a season, isn't that "natural"? How long would it take? Either way, between the improvements in shooting on every part of the court, I think it's safe to say he's an extremely good shooter now.

How is Duke treating senior night for Jeremy with the possibility that he comes back next year? Give him 2 senior nights if he opts to return?

How is Duke treating senior night for Jeremy with the possibility that he comes back next year? Give him 2 senior nights if he opts to return?

Not certain what Duke has planned, but other schools have given players 2 senior nights (NC State did it for one of their guys). 1st night was jersey presentation, 2nd night was participation in ceremony.

Not sure what happened with Bacot, but UNC gave NBA star Leaky Black two senior nights in ‘22 and ‘23.

*Looks like Leaky and Bacot both had senior nights, and RJ was honored last night so he’ll have a 2nd next year as well.

It’s senior day so of course they’re gonna do this. The fact that it says ”four years“ versus “his time” is actually better. But all of this makes the logical leaps that:

1. He has even made a choice
2. That the admin of the account knows what the choice is

Sorry to ruffle feathers, but I kind of agree with him. He's been through the covid years, he's been through K's last year, he's been through Scheyer's first two years. To me, it's the middle clause in Scheyer's statement that makes it accurate. He's provided a level of stability that we might not have otherwise had. Last season easily could have gone off the rails if it was just Scheyer and a bunch of freshmen.

You do have to lean heavily on that qualifier of "from the timing that he's been here and what he's seen" though. And even then, you could easily make an argument for someone like Johnny Dawkins. Not as much turmoil, but he probably saved K's job.

I mean, he's definitely had a crazy career timeline, and been an important piece. But most important player in Duke history???

You gotta say whatever it takes to get him back for a fifth year. I'm sure Jon originally thought "I could tell him he'd be 'forever'", but then thought "Nah, way too fucking corny, It would never work".

I mean, he's definitely had a crazy career timeline, and been an important piece. But most important player in Duke history???
But you're leaving out the middle clause. He didn't just say "Jeremy Roach is the most important player in Duke history." He qualified it.

But you're leaving out the middle clause. He didn't just say "Jeremy Roach is the most important player in Duke history." He qualified it.
You think what he meant is the most important player of the last four years?

You think what he meant is the most important player of the last four years?
Yeah I read that clause as supporting evidence for his conclusion, rather than a qualifier of it.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom