Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Jeremy Roach

Another big shooting jump from recent memory: Wendell Moore went from ~20% as a freshman to over 40% as a junior.
That's a good call. And that's really the only one that fits my criteria. I.e. - someone who figured out shooting despite showing over multiple years that he couldn't shoot.

Not his best game, and looked a little hobbled in the second half. But he's now at 63 assists and 20 turnovers in 21 games.

Yeah, probably one of his three worst games this season. The other two are Clemson (1-8, 5pts) and LaSalle (2-8, 4pts). We won them all.

TDD guys seem to think he's gone no matter what after this year but I gotta imagine there's a number that will make him stay. The program should be working toward that number. If they're not, they aren't doing their jobs in the world of 2024 college athletics.

Agreed. Roach is the biggest test of Duke’s NIL game so far. If Duke can’t retain him, I’m going to assume Duke can’t or won’t do what it takes to compete at the highest level anymore.

And yes, this sample size of one is all I need to come to that conclusion.

I feel a lot more confident and secure watching him navigate high ball screens than the other guards. He made several good decisions out of those late in the game last night.

We have a lot of variations on our offense initiation, but down the stretch of the season (JUST like last season), I don't think there's anything I'm more comfortable with than a Flip-Roach empty-side ball screen or a Flip-Roach high ball screen.

Does "that gets loud" just modify "Cameron" there? I feel like that simply can't be what he intended, but I see no other option. So amazing.

TDD guys seem to think he's gone no matter what after this year but I gotta imagine there's a number that will make him stay. The program should be working toward that number. If they're not, they aren't doing their jobs in the world of 2024 college athletics.
It very much concerns me that this is their thinking, because it probably reflects what they're being told, which means it probably reflects the staff's thinking. And if the staff has that defeatist approach, rather than the one you describe, then... yeah. Would be completely inexcusable.

Weren't we ready to give Edgecombe multiple millions? 5th year Roach would be as much of a lock to be one of the best players in the country as you can get - we shouldn't be willing to pay him less than we'd pay any freshman other than a can't-miss #1 like Flagg.

And really, a precedent of rewarding guys that stick it out and become great upperclassmen would not be the worst one to set.

Biggest bummer from the last few games is Jeremy cratering his 3pt percentage. Has made 1 of his last 11.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom