Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Joey Baker

If he was transferring, I wish he had done it sooner if only to give more time to find a competent replacement. Next year's team is gonna need to be a great defensive team because the offensive side doesn't look all that good at this point in time.

Best of luck to Joey but damn do I hate losing an upperclassman with all the turnover.

The thing that sucks is that given the high recruiting ranking of these players it will be seen as a failure by Scheyer rather than a poorly constructed roster.

Granted, part of that is on Scheyer too. But a lot of it was the result of a culture years in the making.

timing of this feels a little like Coleman moving out to make way for someone.

It's all interesting bc Joey's role was going to be the same.
1- If Keels returned, he would start. Joey would come off the bench as a shooter on the wing.
2- If Keels didn't return and AJ Green committed. Same as if Keels was there.

Unless Duke took both Keels and Green then Joey wouldn't really have any minutes

I'm not sure it's related to Green taking a visit. It seemed like Duke had the statements from Joey and Kryzewski ready to go. Since it sounds like he's taking a summer class right now to graduate, maybe that had something to do with the timing.

I'm not sure it's related to Green taking a visit. It seemed like Duke had the statements from Joey and Kryzewski ready to go. Since it sounds like he's taking a summer class right now to graduate, maybe that had something to do with the timing.
He’s sitting out a year when he didn’t have to no? Feels like it’s dumb of him if it’s not related to anything…

There's no way he'll have to sit out. It's weird he even has to enter the portal, as a grad transfer - I guess being a 5th year grad transfer isn't included in the actual rule because it's only a thing due to COVID? Either way, a waiver seems like a formality.

It's pretty disappointing to me that we're losing a 5th year player who shoots 41% from three from a team that has no experience or shooting. I shared farmer's optimism that he might become more consistent once out from under K's abusive thumb. I doubt we're getting a second bench transfer with a better on-paper profile than his.

939F7348-D6F4-4BD0-BDC7-D83CB555B528.png

Look at those splits between his overall numbers and what happened against top 100 teams. He didn’t once shoot above 26 percent from 3 in a season against top 100 teams. He really wasn’t playable after January 1 in any season.

I actually think when looking at efficiency numbers it’s good to see if there’s a big drop off in efficiency as the competiton gets better. A drop off is of course natural, usually 5-6 points in the ORating between the overall and the top 50/100. When it’s larger than that, it’s a concern. Probably a good way to assess whether mid major talent can compete in the Power 6, tho sometimes you run into sample size issues with mid major schedules.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom