Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Joey Baker

I'm going to play for 3.9 years at Duke and then decide to transfer during my senior season's championship run.

I can’t believe he is so bad that he’s unplayable at this point.

I maintain that players without a future playing basketball should use the extra year and go to the sunniest and warmest campus they can find.

Is he legit transferring? Even if you want to do that, why wouldn't you play out the season when you've been there four years and are the 8th man in the midst of a potential championship run?

Didn’t see a minute in what was maybe his Sr night against Unc…then doesn’t see the floor the entire tourney. Made 3 baskets in the month of March.

Thoughts on Joeys future? Is it at Duke next season or somewhere else…

Didn’t see a minute in what was maybe his Sr night against Unc…then doesn’t see the floor the entire tourney. Made 3 baskets in the month of March.

I think it’s pretty obvious he’s leaving. Seems like you see this a lot with Duke’s transfers over the years. The guy who suddenly never sees the court again transfers. Not sure if the guy leaves because he doesn’t get to play or if he stops getting to play because the staff knows he’s leaving.

Nothing against him but I hope he leaves to open a scholarship for a transfer portal guy.

Wonder what happened with his hip. He was supposed to redshirt originally anyway, so glad that first year wasn’t completely wasted

Yeah, I think this is pretty good news, if not fortune-changing. If we were getting a wing who'd been in, say, Kansas or Villanova's rotation for the past three years, shot 40.5% this past season, and wanted to spend his fifth year at Duke leading a young team without any minutes expectation, we'd be fairly pumped.

Other irrational reasons for optimism could include:
  1. Maybe he fell out of the rotation more due to this injury than being inherently awful
  2. Maybe he'll respond to nice guy Scheyer's methods better than abusive fascist K's. His issues have seemed mostly mental.

If we get the Keels/Roach backcourt back assume at most we’d be looking at a Theo John type for the front court and that’s really it. Would be in pretty good shape at the 1-3.

Reactions: TS9

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom