Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Pedro Martinez had 9 perfect innings while pitching for the Expos and lost it in the 10th, also a 0-0 tie of course. At least he got the W; Hill got tagged for an L, which seems rather unjust.
I think that was Dennis Martinez.

FWIW, 2 days before that Dennis Martinez game, I saw Mark Gardner no hit the Dodgers for 9 innings and lose the game in the 10th.

Totally forgot Pedro pitched for the Expos. Also, obviously, my memory of something that happened 26 years ago isn't the best. I will say this, anyone who ever has a chance to go see a game at Dodger Stadium should go.

Well that's interesting. The Rays are one of two MLB teams where you can legitimately ask whether the major league club or the AAA club is in a better location (the other being the Braves)

I'm a little worried about Sale. 3 of his last 5 starts have been pretty poor. If he can get back to form and Price comes back I have to believe they're the favorites in the AL with Pom pitching the way he is.

Totally forgot Pedro pitched for the Expos. Also, obviously, my memory of something that happened 26 years ago isn't the best. I will say this, anyone who ever has a chance to go see a game at Dodger Stadium should go.
Dodger Stadium has always been a dream of mine. Only get to see them in Atlanta or DC.

Pedro also was a Dodger. Came with them and looked as if he was going to be special the the Dodgers made a bone-head trade and sent him to Expos for Delino DeShields, who was a busr in LA.

I saw the Dodgers play the Reds in Dodger Stadium when Paul O'Neill was still a Red. Everyone was listening to Vin Scully and his voice wafted throughout the stadium.

It was thought Ramon was a better Martinez when they traded his little brother.

Ramon was considered the better prospect and honestly, I was glad the kept him instead of Pedro.....at the time.

Looks like the Dodgers are in their regular post-season form already. 5 L's in a row. Damn.

Verlander completely handcuffed us yesterday. Wish we had gone after him instead of Darvish.
He's probably going to be an Astro. I like the move but don't love it. I guess it depends on what we have to give up. I think the fact That Tyler White isn't playing with the Astros over JD Davis is pretty telling. Maybe him and another pitcher.

What do you think of the trade, Cam?

Verlander completely handcuffed us yesterday. Wish we had gone after him instead of Darvish.
He's probably going to be an Astro. I like the move but don't love it. I guess it depends on what we have to give up. I think the fact That Tyler White isn't playing with the Astros over JD Davis is pretty telling. Maybe him and another pitcher.

What do you think of the trade, Cam?

I love it!! I was worried we were going to sell off high prospects. We gave them a RHP, a catcher and an ourtfielder. All of which we are pretty deep at at all levels. I don't know too much about the players we gave up but they weren't the best prospects we have at each position. Dax Cameron is the son of former MLBer Mike Cameron. I think he will be pretty good.
All that and the Astros will have Verlander for two years after this season. High dollar but worth it. After next year I think Kuechels contract is up as well as Marwin and Gattis. So no worries immediately.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom