I think it's their conditioning program. Syndergaard gained 20 pounds of bulk in the offseason working out like a bodybuilder rather than a baseball player. They also signed guys that throw hard as hell and are therefore more prone to injury. The management also either gives the players too much leeway, like when they allowed syndergaard to turn down an mri and then still let him take his next start, where he tore his lat. They also do the opposite and not listen to a player when he says something is off. Matz told them something was off when he came back in May. They ignored it, let him pitch, then he went down for surgery a few weeks ago. It's pure ineptitude from the owners down.

You left out how Harvey was supposed to pitch on a Friday, threw his bullpen on Wednesday morning, and when the Wed starter got sick, they made Harvey pitch on short rest after his bullpen with 15 minutes notice. He got injured in that game.

Reactions: Slap the Floor
Sox are so infuriating this year. So up and down and that's why I see them losing in the first round to the Indiana. Need a power bat in the lineup for protection and consistent production like I need air or breathe.

Red Sox should be going after Jay Bruce to be their DH in the off-season, imo. I think the Yankees should too, so that may be interesting.

I've said the same thing, maybe not on this board. I thought they should've traded for him. But I'm also all in on Nunez but fitting him and Bruce would be tricky. Pedroia is hurt a lot so there would be PT but I think Boston would have to move Devers to first base to make it fit. Or trade Bradley, move Betts to center and Bruce in right.

1-Nunez 3B
2-Pedroia 2B
3-Betts RF
4-Bruce DH
5-Devers 3B
6-Benintendi LF
7-Xander SS
8-Bradley CF
9-Vasquez C

Would love that lineup. I don't see the Yankees spending a ton on bats because I think they'll throw a 300mil contract at a certain Nationals OF in a couple years.

I think it's their conditioning program. Syndergaard gained 20 pounds of bulk in the offseason working out like a bodybuilder rather than a baseball player. They also signed guys that throw hard as hell and are therefore more prone to injury. The management also either gives the players too much leeway, like when they allowed syndergaard to turn down an mri and then still let him take his next start, where he tore his lat. They also do the opposite and not listen to a player when he says something is off. Matz told them something was off when he came back in May. They ignored it, let him pitch, then he went down for surgery a few weeks ago. It's pure ineptitude from the owners down.

You left out how Harvey was supposed to pitch on a Friday, threw his bullpen on Wednesday morning, and when the Wed starter got sick, they made Harvey pitch on short rest after his bullpen with 15 minutes notice. He got injured in that game.
There are too many instances like that to count

I've said the same thing, maybe not on this board. I thought they should've traded for him. But I'm also all in on Nunez but fitting him and Bruce would be tricky. Pedroia is hurt a lot so there would be PT but I think Boston would have to move Devers to first base to make it fit. Or trade Bradley, move Betts to center and Bruce in right.

1-Nunez 3B
2-Pedroia 2B
3-Betts RF
4-Bruce DH
5-Devers 3B
6-Benintendi LF
7-Xander SS
8-Bradley CF
9-Vasquez C

Would love that lineup. I don't see the Yankees spending a ton on bats because I think they'll throw a 300mil contract at a certain Nationals OF in a couple years.

I don't think Bruce is going to require an enormous sum of money years. Just look at the demand for him in the trade market, there wasn't much there. I think he can be had for 2-3 years 15 mil per.

The Yankees were in negotiations with the Mets for Bruce, fwiw. The Yankees actually offered a better package to the Mets than the Indians...but egos got in the way on the Mets side.

Went to a Charlotte Knights game last night and sat 3 rows off 1st base on the Knights side. We were about 30 feet from the end of the dugout and there were 2 kids there that the players kept on giving all the balls to (probably 10 or more). My kids sat right in the front row, kindly asking for a ball and didn't get one. There was a woman sitting in the front row that came up to me after the 8th and said that as long as the kids were getting a ball from the opposing team (Norfolk Tides/Orioles), she would get them a ball. Turns out her husband is a pitcher for the Tides and he was the 1st base coach that night so she was sitting on the other side. She lives in Durham and works at Duke. Her husband has been on 3 teams so far this year. She texted him during the game and he had the balls right when the game ended. Was a really nice thing she did.

Also, because of the State/USC game in Charlotte, the game was moved from 1 pm to 8:30 pm and I sat at a minor league game until 11:30 at night.

Very pleased with the Yankees series win against the Red Sox. Now that the Yankees are basically fully healthy in the line-up I'm hoping it re-ignites the line-up like it was in June.

Both the Yankees and Red Sox have IMO an easy schedule down the stretch so these final few weeks for the AL East is going to be interesting.

Looks like my team has already hit our regular post-season form. Laying down already. Nothing like heading into the playoffs with your tail between your legs.

Since July 5th, Giancarlo Stanton has hit 30 HR and has driven in 60 runs...this is a 100 HR and 199 RBI pace over 162 games.

Boston looks like pure garbage right now. Literally no one is playing well outside of Kimbrel.

Mets caved to pressure (they say weather) and push back Harvey.

But why the hell would they even consider throwing him on short rest? Not only does he have a history of injuries (he is just coming back from one) but their season is over in terms of post-season aspirations. What is wrong with the Mets?

I know we're all shocked to learn that a sports team from Boston has been cheating by way of electronic surveillance of opponents' signs.

I think he's a terrible manager of pitching staffs, but a nice guy that the players like. He is getting older and has no contract after the year. I think he will "retire". The Wilpons are the big problem, followed by Sandy Alderson, all of whom will be staying. Next year is already done with Conforto out anyway, though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil