Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Finally the Tigers commit to a full bottoming out. Fulmer should be traded as well.

I became a baseball fan through those awful Tigers teams of the late 90s and early 2000s. I enjoyed that experience like I enjoyed the 0-win and 1-win Duke football teams. There was no stress while watching or following. It was like watching minor league sports. Pure enjoyment of the game and surroundings without caring about wins or losses - you knew you were going to lose. The breakthrough World Series run was the best part, like the breakthrough Cutcliffe bowl season, but then it was all downhill with title or bust expectations every season. With Duke football, at least we still don't care whether they ever compete for national titles - too unrealistic at the moment.

I'll be a huge Astros fan this postseason and until the Tigers have restocked the farm system. I haven't cared about a baseball draft in over a decade. That will be fun again too. The Astros are everything the Tigers should try to be now.

Fulmer should not be traded. Everyone except Fulmer.

But, I will also be rooting for the Astros this postseason.

Fulmer can be great until his mid-30s and still be too old to help the Tigers when they'll be good again. A decade of collecting #1 picks and trading the first ones for more prospects. The 2023-2025 #1 picks will be the next Tigers that are keepers.

Finally the Tigers commit to a full bottoming out. Fulmer should be traded as well.

I became a baseball fan through those awful Tigers teams of the late 90s and early 2000s. I enjoyed that experience like I enjoyed the 0-win and 1-win Duke football teams. There was no stress while watching or following. It was like watching minor league sports. Pure enjoyment of the game and surroundings without caring about wins or losses - you knew you were going to lose. The breakthrough World Series run was the best part, like the breakthrough Cutcliffe bowl season, but then it was all downhill with title or bust expectations every season. With Duke football, at least we still don't care whether they ever compete for national titles - too unrealistic at the moment.

I'll be a huge Astros fan this postseason and until the Tigers have restocked the farm system. I haven't cared about a baseball draft in over a decade. That will be fun again too. The Astros are everything the Tigers should try to be now.
Astros fans have been patiently waiting for this for about 7-8 years. Basically since Biggio called it. As an organization they're what every team should strive to be. Not saying they'll be the 95-2000 Yankees but that's the same type of build. Now they have to keep the talent after next year or trade them for more top picks.

Houston needs to win for that city that hasn't had a winner since 95 with the Rockets and they still get the asterisk on that one. Win for the victims, the fans and get one for Verlander.

I know the Tigers got good prospects for Verlander but why not try to trade Upton earlier for a better return? Too bad Miggy probably has no value left.

Mets ruined their pitchers. Straight up malpractice.

It's incredible, really. I truly thought the Mets were primed to go on at least a 3-4 season run at minimum (following the WC loss to the Giants) of making the post-season every year. The way they messed this up is unreal.

It's too late to win the AL East, but the Yankees are finally fully healthy. Holliday, Castro, Bird all back in the line-up. Hopefully it will help to gain some momentum to get a home game in the WC.

Actually, Aaron Hicks just got hurt- but Frazier may be coming back soon so it might be offsetting, really.

Think about the injuries to non pitchers on this team, though. Cespedes signs the deal and gets gimp legs. Conforto separated his shoulder swinging! Surgery this month and may miss 12 months! he may never be the same. Flores fouled a ball off his own face today. This team is cursed.

What did the Mets do to ruin their pitchers? I don't really watch the Mets- I do usually listen to Joe & Evan on WFAN so I am very up to date with the Mets, but, I don't watch them so are they just overusing their pitchers or what is it?

I think it's their conditioning program. Syndergaard gained 20 pounds of bulk in the offseason working out like a bodybuilder rather than a baseball player. They also signed guys that throw hard as hell and are therefore more prone to injury. The management also either gives the players too much leeway, like when they allowed syndergaard to turn down an mri and then still let him take his next start, where he tore his lat. They also do the opposite and not listen to a player when he says something is off. Matz told them something was off when he came back in May. They ignored it, let him pitch, then he went down for surgery a few weeks ago. It's pure ineptitude from the owners down.

Sox are so infuriating this year. So up and down and that's why I see them losing in the first round to the Indiana. Need a power bat in the lineup for protection and consistent production like I need air or breathe.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom