Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Astros get only two hits but score 3 runs. Verlander with the win.

I don't see a lot of baseball outside of Jays games, but I've always liked JV. He seems to have done well off the field, too.

I really want to see Sky Dome or whatever they call it now. Maybe next year when the Astros go up there

It is called Rogers Centre now. Couple great hotels close by (Delta, Intercontinental & Hotel Renaissance which is part of the stadium). Aquarium right next door, waterfront within walking distance, and great restaurants & bars down King Street west.

If you ever do choose to come to Toronto, pm me and I'll try to send some more tips that may better suit your interest.

Do they have a half marathon or marathon at some point during the spring/summer? I like to travel to run. Mixing in some historic sites and museums. That's as touristy as I get. I can't believe that place is about to turn 30!! Makes me feel so old. I remember I was in high school when it opened and they had the SI spread. At the time that was beyond anything ever built to play sports in. A roof that opened?! To millennial kids that's common place obviously but that was the coolest thing back in the late 70s

Last edited:
Physics never argued that the Yankees don't cheat. He said no one wants you here. You called him Donald. I laughed. Why so serious?

Well I just thought that was a little harsh by him. But whatever.

I don't know if anyone caught the Astros collapse last night but it in a microcosm is what I fear for the Astros this season.

Get out to a decent lead with offense and some shaky pitching. Shaky pitching goes out early with injury and shaky bullpen comes in to give up the lead in the middle. Bats get back the lead late only to see shaky closer lose it in the end.

Hopefully I'm wrong. The offense has healthy and awoken recently and the pitching staff is finally healthy.

Today the Astros have a double header with former Brave Charlie Morton going in the first game and Peacock going in the second.

I think Morton becomes the 5th starter heading in to the post season and Peacock after an incredible regular season starting most of the way moves back to the pen in long relief. I think last nights game doesn't happen if Peacock were to come in but Hinch has decided to rest the starting arms goin with a 6 man rotation this weekend with this double header.

If Morton has a good game today I could see him edging out McHugh for the 4th spot and McHugh not being in the dugout for the first round of the playoffs. We shall see.

You haven't been around here long enough if you think that was harsh.

Astros lead over Cleveland is down to 1.5 games, you think Hinch is making the right decision going to 6 man rotation? You'll only need 4 guys in the playoffs.

You haven't been around here long enough if you think that was harsh.

Astros lead over Cleveland is down to 1.5 games, you think Hinch is making the right decision going to 6 man rotation? You'll only need 4 guys in the playoffs.
Now they're tied.

The decision I'm fine with. The Astros do have two double headers in the span of 6 days so that's one reason. I think the biggest mistake is to leave Peacock out of the rotation and putting him back in the bullpen. Time will tell however. He may be better in long relief than as a fifth starter that may not even pitch. Our bullpen is way to unpredictable so he may be better off in the pen.

I think after this last double header the rotation will be Verlander-Keuchel-McCullers-McHugh and Morton. Morton being a huge concern.

The last two days our pitching staff has given up 30 runs. Most of that in the last 21 innings and most by the bullpen. Giles blew a save in Friday nights game.

Last edited:
I'm very upset the Astros are blowing this. If the Yankees win the WC game I would much rather play Houston than Cleveland in the 5 game series.

I'm just here to vent. Fuck fuck fuck this Astro team!!! 40 fucking runs to the weak fuck As minor league team. This team is going to be lucky to get the #1 seed. Hell it will probably have to go on the road to start round 1 at this rate. So fucking frustrating to see after the first half. Bats and pitching all suck right now. Verlander is probably regretting this decision.

I'm very upset the Astros are blowing this. If the Yankees win the WC game I would much rather play Houston than Cleveland in the 5 game series.
Right now the Yanks would win easily. But a I wouldn't wish a Verlander-Keuchel-McCullers on my favorite team.

Right now the Yanks would win easily. But a I wouldn't wish a Verlander-Keuchel-McCullers on my favorite team.

I think the Yankees match up pitching wise with anyone in the AL except for Cleveland. Houston IMO has a better staff 1-3 than the Yankees, but it isn't sizable enough to make me worry the way it does with Cleveland. I like Gray a lot, and Severino IMO is a top 3 AL pitcher.

MLB awards?

AL MVP
1-Jose Altuve
2-Mike Trout
3-Aaron Judge

AL Cy Young
1-Chris Sale-by a hair
2-Corey Kluber
3-Luis Severino

NL MVP
1-Giancarlo Stanton
2-Paul Goldschmidt
3-Nolan Arenado

NL Cy Young
1-Max Scherzer-By a hair
2-Clayton Kershaw
3-Stephen Strasburg

As of right now its:

Twins vs Yankees-I'll take the Yanks

Boston vs Houston-Boston in 5
Yankees vs Cleveland-Indians in 4

Boston vs Indians-Indians in 7

Rockies vs Diamondbacks-Diamondbacks

Diamondbacks vs Dodgers-LA in 5
Cubs vs Nationals-Nationals in 5

Nationals vs Dodgers-Nationals in 7

WS

Indians vs Nationals-Indians in 6

You think the Astros are blowing it..............have you seen the Dodgers? They are already in peak post-season fold form!

AL MVP
Altuve over Trout

NL MVP
Goldy over Arenado

AL CY
Sale over Klubot

NL CY
Scherzer narrowly over Kershaw

Indians over the Diamondbacks in the WS

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms