Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

I am going to get tickets to Game 4 at Yankee Stadium and post a selfie video in this thread of myself on the field celebrating with the team's 3-1 series victory over the Indians.

Rooting for the Yankees. Probably should make them my full-time team. I love Aaron Judge, and they are poised for a dynasty with the rest of their youngsters (Sanchez, Bird, Frazier, Torres, Andujar, Florial, Sevy)

I'll tell you a player I'm really fed up with is Xander Bogaerts. Each year I'm expecting him to really take a step forward and he never really does. Really hoping Boston makes a play for Giancarlo Stanton. I'd be willing to do Bogaerts and Benintendi or preferably Bogaerts, Bradley Jr. and a pitching prospect. Move Betts to center, resign Nunez to play short. Throw the house at Machado and move Devers to 1st base.

1-Nunez SS
2-Betts CF
3-Machada 3B
4-Stanton LF
5-Devers 1B
6-Pedroia 2B
7-Benintendi RF
8-Ramirez DH
9-Vasquez C

Absolutely incredible lineup but 0.1% change it happens

You guys take Stanton and we take Harper. I love Harper. Favorite player not in a Sox uniform. Swing Bradley and a prospect for a pitcher, Betts to CF and Harper to right.

I'll tell you a player I'm really fed up with is Xander Bogaerts. Each year I'm expecting him to really take a step forward and he never really does. Really hoping Boston makes a play for Giancarlo Stanton. I'd be willing to do Bogaerts and Benintendi or preferably Bogaerts, Bradley Jr. and a pitching prospect. Move Betts to center, resign Nunez to play short. Throw the house at Machado and move Devers to 1st base.

1-Nunez SS
2-Betts CF
3-Machada 3B
4-Stanton LF
5-Devers 1B
6-Pedroia 2B
7-Benintendi RF
8-Ramirez DH
9-Vasquez C

Absolutely incredible lineup but 0.1% change it happens

Why do you think that Boegarts, Bradley Jr or Benintendi and a pitching prospect would be enough to land Stanton? You will need to give up a lot more than that.

I hope the Yanks pair Stanton with Judge and then sign Harper and Otani.

No. I do not want Stanton simply because we'll have to give up our entire farm system, basically everyone except for Torres. You just mentioned great prospects like Florial, Andujar, etc. They would both be gone along with Clint Frazier, Justus Sheffield, etc. We would have to give up a ton and IMO it isn't worth it.

I would like to see the Yankees sign Ohtani and Harper to supplement. and although I'm a big fan of Starlin Castro it would probably be best to package him and maybe Clint Frazier and a minor prospect for 4/5 pitcher. Then you're looking at:

1B- Greg Bird
2B- Gleyber Torres
SS- Didi Gregorious
3B- Miguel Andujar
C- Gary Sanchez
LF- Bryce Harper
CF- Florial
RF- Aaron Judge

Starting pitchers- Severino-Ohtani-Gray-Montgomery and someone else. Don't think the Yankees keep Tanaka for long and especially if they sign Ohtani because then they keep their Japanese market.

1-Stanton has a horrible contract that Miami won't be able to afford much longer.
2-Bradley is the best defensive CF in the game.
3-While Boagerts Bogaerts infuriates me, he's still in his mid 20's and a very good starting shortshop.
4-Rodriguez or a top level pitching prospect.

I wouldn't give up more than that personally. That's two major league starters in their mid 20's and then a top level pitching prospect and then maybe a B level prospect for one guy the team won't be able to afford for much longer.

Because of both stadiums' dimensions, I would think Stanton in Boston and Harper in New York would make sense for those two guys.

Are the Nationals rumored to not be willing to pay Harper $400-500 million? Seems like if D.C. is too small a market to hang with NY or Boston, then the league is all messed up.

Are the Nationals rumored to not be willing to pay Harper $400-500 million? Seems like if D.C. is too small a market to hang with NY or Boston, then the league is all messed up.

I mean technically they can afford him, but it wouldn't make much baseball sense, because no World Series champion has ever had 1 guy eating up 20% of its salary (I believe that's the correct percentage)

A 10-year/$500 million contract would be 24% of the Nationals $210 million payroll this year. It would even be 21% for Boston.

The only teams I can see getting Harper are the Yankees and Dodgers. $50 million per annum would be 19% of the Yankees 2017 payroll. 17% of the Dodgers'.

The Yankees are well-positioned because they have a lot of money coming off the books, btw.

They've got C.C. (25 million), Matt Holliday (13 million), Todd Frazier (12 million), Jaime Garcia (12 million), and Michael Pineda (7.4 million) coming off the books this year. The payments to A-Rod, McCann, Clippard, and Carter also stop. That's an extra $30 million.

Then next year they're getting rid of Chase Headley (13 million), David Robertson (13 million), and Brett Gardner (11 million).

They are obviously going to sign some other guys and will eventually have to pay the youngsters like Judge and Sanchez, but that $130+ million off the books is enormous.

The only bad contract on their books right now is Jacoby Ellsbury, who is signed through 2021 at $21 million per.

I don't think percentage of salary is a great way to look at this. Teams plan ahead to re-sign players by making room in their prospective budget for them. It's also just very weird to think something like "no one has won with 20% salary going to 1 player" and also having the thought one second later of "it would only be 19% for Yankees." That difference between 19% and 20% is obviously not make or break.

I am not a Nationals fan at all but I find it very unlikely just using basic common sense that a D.C. market franchise is going to let a generational player leave because they couldn't scrape together the money.

I'm sure they'll make an offer but I've always heard Cubs and Yankees are the favorites. Him and Bryant are best friends.

The Yankees are well-positioned because they have a lot of money coming off the books, btw.

They've got C.C. (25 million), Matt Holliday (13 million), Todd Frazier (12 million), Jaime Garcia (12 million), and Michael Pineda (7.4 million) coming off the books this year. The payments to A-Rod, McCann, Clippard, and Carter also stop. That's an extra $30 million.

Then next year they're getting rid of Chase Headley (13 million), David Robertson (13 million), and Brett Gardner (11 million).

They are obviously going to sign some other guys and will eventually have to pay the youngsters like Judge and Sanchez, but that $130+ million off the books is enormous.

The only bad contract on their books right now is Jacoby Ellsbury, who is signed through 2021 at $21 million per.
Man I loved Jacoby in Boston, my favorite player at the time but wow what a bad contract the Yankees gave him.

ETA: If someone gives Harper 10/4-500 then it'll kill their franchise. He's really good but not that good. I'd be ok with 8 years and 300.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom