Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

Bogaerts did nothing this series. I love Benintendi and it would hurt quite a bit to give him up but that's rumored to be who Miami wants, a long with pitching. I like Ramirez and he had a good series but he's basically a DH now with how bad his defense is. And a DH making that much money should produce more than a .240 average and 23 HR's in a year where balls were flying out of the ballpark. Devers did more than anyone else in the lineup and I wouldn't trade him for anyone. I think he's going to be a .320 30HR guy and I think it'll be fairly soon. But to get the best HR in the game who would absolutely smash in Boston, we're going to have to give up a lot.

I hope the Red Sox give up everyone to get Stanton.

Also, I don't think that package you offered is enough to get Stanton.

Really? Benny is 23 and will be a 30-30 guy. Bog is 25 and making 4.5mil, Benny about 500k. That's two starters for the next decade. Throw in Ramirez and a top level pitching prospect and I think that's fair for a team who is in rebuild mode and can't afford to pay him. I wouldn't offer much more than that.

Really? Benny is 23 and will be a 30-30 guy. Bog is 25 and making 4.5mil, Benny about 500k. That's two starters for the next decade. Throw in Ramirez and a top level pitching prospect and I think that's fair for a team who is in rebuild mode and can't afford to pay him. I wouldn't offer much more than that.

of course you wouldn't, you like that trade because it's a steal for your team.

Boston fans talking about JBJ, Ramirez, Rodriguez and a package of 4 top 15 prospects for Stanton and Gordon. Then signing Lorenzo Cain for CF and Hosmer at 1B and trading Pedroia for whatever you can get. I'd be on board with that. Would be thrilled with it IMO. I think Rodriguez will be really, really good and that would be a big loss.

1-Gordon 2B
2-Betts RF
3-Stanton DH
4-Hosmer 1B
5-Benintendi LF
6-Devers 3B
7-Boagerts
8-Vas C
9-Cain CF

Sale
Price
Pom
Procello
Wright

I would love that. Don't really know how realistic it is though in terms of money. Looking at losing 60+mil and then adding that or more with Stanton, Cain and Hosmer. Good thing is, bullpen and starters are set. I do think they need 2 power bats though.

I think you have to give up Benintendi. Boston has had a hole at 3B for too long for them to consider giving up Devers IMO.

Boston should just not pull the trigger on Stanton, keep their assets, and then sign Machado and move Devers to DH.

Well he'll get arbitration this year so not a FA yet. Sign Hosmer and then Manny the following year and I'd be happy with that. I want Stanton but not going to give up the house for him considering the contract he has.

Rest sox fans want to fuck up a team that's won the division two years in a row AND fire their manager..... spoiled fan base much.... why not just keep the team together then grab GS when he's a FA?

He is under contract with Miami for 11 years. No major power bats this year. Two next year with Harper and Manny but the competition for them will be insane. Boston won the division but Farrell cost the teams many games this season. He pitched Sale and Pom too much and made questionable decisions all year. He's terrible.

Boston, LA and NYY should never trade prospects for a FA, IMO. All they have to do is outbid everyone for whoever they want. Too easy.

Boston, LA and NYY should never trade prospects for a FA, IMO. All they have to do is outbid everyone for whoever they want. Too easy.

It depends on the player. I am fine with trading a couple of average prospects at the trade deadline to get a piece to help your team in the post-season, but I would be furious if the Yankees ever traded for Stanton or Harper or whomever. It's not worth it. The Yankees need to keep doing what they're doing- keep building through the farm, pour a ton of resources into it, sign free agents to supplement the guys you have from your minor league and then pay your stars like Sanchez, Judge, etc.

The days of constantly trading should be over for the Yankees. What they can do that not every team can do is sign their studs from the farm system. They could sign almost all of them, so do it and don't trade any of them.

Go Yankees. I'm not sure I want them to win but I want home field for my Astros. Plus the Indians have owned us the last two years while we are up on the Yanks the last few.

He is under contract with Miami for 11 years. No major power bats this year. Two next year with Harper and Manny but the competition for them will be insane. Boston won the division but Farrell cost the teams many games this season. He pitched Sale and Pom too much and made questionable decisions all year. He's terrible.

No "terrible" manager wins the AL East two years in a row. Sorry. Pom let you guys down for sure. Too much work is not a legit excuse. Verlander pitches more innings and throws more than anyone out there.

You should try being a fan of a team that sucks more often than it doesn't then you'd realize how funny you sound.

Girardi not returning to the Yankees will probably wind up hurting the Yankees. He's not a great manager but he's a good one and I think he's done a good job with a young club house. I've always felt if you're going to fire or not bring back a coach in any sport you should obviously be able to replace them with someone better, otherwise what's the point? I'm not sure if there is anyone currently available bettter than Girardi for the Yankees to go get.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom