Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

MLB

I'm tired of umpires behind the plate. We need electronic strikezones. It gets ridiculous seeing called strikes that are just not even close. Then you get the human inconsistency of the strike zone depending on who is home/on the road. It's just bad, they need to fix it. Hopefully within 10 years.
Spoken like a true loser. That was a solid game called behind the plate. Sure some close ones were missed but I thought it was pretty consistent. Tanaka pitched great as did DK. Astros just got one more run. And that hose by Marwin picking up Altuve was clutch. Hell if Altuve turns that double play like he does 99% of the time it's likely Dallas goes 8 or even completes the game.

Don't ruin that great game by crying about the umpire. Dallas shut the Yanks down.

My concern though is Giles in game 2. He may not be available today on a short turn around after 35-40 pitches last night. Maybe Devo can close since he threw only around 10 pitches. Have Verlander eases some worry.

I'm tired of umpires behind the plate. We need electronic strikezones. It gets ridiculous seeing called strikes that are just not even close. Then you get the human inconsistency of the strike zone depending on who is home/on the road. It's just bad, they need to fix it. Hopefully within 10 years.
Spoken like a true loser. That was a solid game called behind the plate. Sure some close ones were missed but I thought it was pretty consistent. Tanaka pitched great as did DK. Astros just got one more run. And that hose by Marwin picking up Altuve was clutch. Hell if Altuve turns that double play like he does 99% of the time it's likely Dallas goes 8 or even completes the game.

Don't ruin that great game by crying about the umpire. Dallas shut the Yanks down.

My concern though is Giles in game 2. He may not be available today on a short turn around after 35-40 pitches last night. Maybe Devo can close since he threw only around 10 pitches. Have Verlander eases some worry.

that umpire was atrocious on both sides last night. i don't really understand your trash talking, it's a bit out of place, but that's not a surprise coming from you.

that umpire was atrocious on both sides last night. i don't really understand your trash talking, it's a bit out of place, but that's not a surprise coming from you.

I'm not trash talking. Crying about referees and umpires is just incredibly lame especially when neither team gained an edge and both teams played amazing.

It's not the umpires fault the awesome Jobu can't hit the slider

Obviously AC gave up the hit but Judge (shouldn't have thrown the ball to second) GiGi (one hop throw to the plate) and Sanchez (not handling that easy catch and tag) are all equal to blame for that run. The Astros third base coach is extremely gutsy and sends runners more than not. That had to be scouted and Judge should have known.

Also Judge played that Correa homer in pretty weakly. He hardly attempted a catch and he's tall enough to reel that ball in.

I'm not trash talking. Crying about referees and umpires is just incredibly lame especially when neither team gained an edge and both teams played amazing.

The only thing lame is you continuing to talk trash about me wanting electronic strikezones, which is universally wanted by most MLB fans. You continue to assume that I'm whining about the strikezone for the Yankees (wrong). Umpiring in the MLB sucks, it gets magnified in the post-season because they put the strikezone box on the screen. Some of these umpires are horrific and have no business calling post-season games.

Obviously AC gave up the hit but Judge (shouldn't have thrown the ball to second) GiGi (one hop throw to the plate) and Sanchez (not handling that easy catch and tag) are all equal to blame for that run. The Astros third base coach is extremely gutsy and sends runners more than not. That had to be scouted and Judge should have known.

Also Judge played that Correa homer in pretty weakly. He hardly attempted a catch and he's tall enough to reel that ball in.

There was nothing wrong with Judge throwing to 2nd or Didi's throw to the plate, Sanchez should have just caught the ball. Altuve wasn't even on the screen when the throw from Gregorious reaches Sanchez. He would've been out by a long mile had he just caught the ball. The 3B coach from the Astros sending Altuve wasn't smart, it was just dumb, and he got bailed out because Sanchez is a rookie that was probably over thinking. He'll learn.

Judge has a big arm in the outfield, him throwing to 2nd instead of the cutoff isn't the traditional play but it was probably wiser all things considered. Castro was further out, and his arm isn't as strong as Didi's is, he wasn't making that throw.

There was nothing wrong with Judge throwing to 2nd or Didi's throw to the plate, Sanchez should have just caught the ball. Altuve wasn't even on the screen when the throw from Gregorious reaches Sanchez. He would've been out by a long mile had he just caught the ball. The 3B coach from the Astros sending Altuve wasn't smart, it was just dumb, and he got bailed out because Sanchez is a rookie that was probably over thinking. He'll learn.

Judge has a big arm in the outfield, him throwing to 2nd instead of the cutoff isn't the traditional play but it was probably wiser all things considered. Castro was further out, and his arm isn't as strong as Didi's is, he wasn't making that throw.

Sanchez should have caught the ball no doubt but DiDi made a one hop throw. But he should never have been throwing the ball because Judge shouldn't have thrown it to second to begin with. Judge was always in front of the ball and had to see Altuve busting ass and Pettis waving him home. The relay was completely blown. Nothing wrong with the actual throw. It just shouldn't have gone to second.

When I saw Altuve heading home I was pissed. He was surely nailed and I agree he was nailed by a mile. Pettis gave an interview after the game and he said he wouldn't have waved him home had he not seen the throw going to second base. He waved him home because it was a game winning run and he knew he'd have the game winning run on second if Altuve got nailed. Sometimes when you have a shot at a win you go for it with less than two outs especially if Chapman (or any Yankee bullpen pitcher for that matter) is on the mound.

Last edited:

The only thing lame is you continuing to talk trash about me wanting electronic strikezones, which is universally wanted by most MLB fans. You continue to assume that I'm whining about the strikezone for the Yankees (wrong). Umpiring in the MLB sucks, it gets magnified in the post-season because they put the strikezone box on the screen. Some of these umpires are horrific and have no business calling post-season games.

You're unamerican if you want electronics in the national pastime making balls and strike calls. Replays ok because those are a must get right. But if you have guys taking hacks at pitches eye level you can't complain about a missed call a few inches off the plate. It's just stupid. It's communisim.

By the way it's not trash talking. It's called disagreeing.

Did you ever play baseball? One-hop throws to the plate are often taught because they are preferred over a high throw which makes a tag more difficult.

Did you ever play baseball? One-hop throws to the plate are often taught because they are preferred over a high throw which makes a tag more difficult.

That's the least of all that went wrong. It obviously didn't work out better than a straight throw to the plate. DiDi shouldn't have been the one throwing it in the first place.

And yes I played baseball and the "one hop" throw is generally used from the outfield or to first base from deep at short or third. That one hop is supposed to happen further from the plate than it did. One hops may be preferred over a high throw but direct throws (ones that major leaguers make regularly) are always best. Sanchez was hand tied with that close bounce and the catchers mitt. But it all started with Judges throw. Should have gone straight toward the plate. Should have been a cutoff man between him and home. That's the run that counts. If it does then Pettis likely doesn't send Altuve. Well knowing him he probably does but he stated he sent him because the throw went to second.

Justin Turner again. Mets stuck with crippled David Wright who refuses to retire. Fuck you, Sandy Alderson.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom