Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Cauley-Stein returning is ridiculous.

PG Harrison
SG Harrison
SF Young
PF Wiggins / Wiltjer
C Randle / Johnson / Cauley-Stein / Lee

To take advantage of this roster, Calipari might be best served to use a 4 guard/forward line-up:
Harrison/Harrison/Wiggins/Randle/whoever

Young can come off the bench to give a spark. Dominique Hawkins (who may or may not receive an offer) can be the back-up PG in the Anthony Epps role.

I don't see that team having a weakness (at least not in its starting 5).

Pantone287 said:
Fucking Marcus Lee. I hope he plays zero minutes all season.
Seriously.

This kid would've guaranteed the starting center position next year for Duke.

Instead, he'll be lucky to be the back-up at the 5 spot for Kentucky. He'll probably end up being the back-up to the back-up as a C. If he gets lucky or impresses, he might end up being Randle's back-up.

I think if Calipari is ever in a close game (this may not happen), he'll go with Randle at center and the smaller lineup. It just seems to be where the game is headed since American big men no longer learn how to play basketball. But yeah, he can get through an entire game just killing people on the boards if he feels like it. When it comes down to one possession to win it, he'll want his shotmakers out there.

WorldStar HipHop said:

PG Harrison
SG Harrison
SF Young
PF Wiggins / Wiltjer

To take advantage of this roster, Calipari might be best served to use a 4 guard/forward line-up:

Young can come off the bench to give a spark. Dominique Hawkins (who may or may not receive an offer) can be the back-up PG in the Anthony Epps role.

I could really see this team crashing and burning. I'm very skeptical about the Harrison twins, Wiltjer is very limited, and having all that depth at the 5 isn't really worth anything. Marcus Lee is going to be playing the role of Todd Zafirovski. Whether or not this team is a legit contender really hinges on Wiggings, IMO.

Lee pisses me the fuck off. He could've started for his hometown Cal Bears or a stacked Duke team coached by the GOAT. Instead, he'll spend a year as Todd Zafirovski then probably transfer back to the west coast.

I think Lee can go in the first round without playing at all. The NBA scouts will be at every Kentucky practice. It does raise red flags about his mentality if he went to Kentucky with the idea of not playing at all and then going to the NBA, rather than being the man at Cal or a key piece at Duke. Does he have a Daniel Orton approach to basketball?

If a 6'9 center with no offensive game can get drafted in the first round purely based off going to Kentucky, then I can't imagine them ever losing a recruit again. Not that they lose any recruits anyway. Orton was bigger and had better skills, IIRC.

best4heisman said:
WorldStar HipHop said:

PG Harrison
SG Harrison
SF Young
PF Wiggins / Wiltjer

I could really see this team crashing and burning. I'm very skeptical about the Harrison twins, Wiltjer is very limited, and having all that depth at the 5 isn't really worth anything. Marcus Lee is going to be playing the role of Todd Zafirovski. Whether or not this team is a legit contender really hinges on Wiggings, IMO.

Lee pisses me the fuck off. He could've started for his hometown Cal Bears or a stacked Duke team coached by the GOAT. Instead, he'll spend a year as Todd Zafirovski then probably transfer back to the west coast.

I'm also a bit skeptical about the Harrison Twins but that's based on what happened with Archie Goodwin. When Goodwin and Sulaimon were on the the same team in the Nike Global Hoops Challenge, Goodwin looked really good (and frankly better than Sulaimon for stretches). In fact, I can remember Kentucky fans dubbing Archie Goodwin as Archie Wade. And yet, Sulaimon was significantly better than Goodwin in pretty much every way. (How much of that is because of Coach K vs. Calipari is difficult to gauge.)

But judging purely on highlight tapes, the Twins look legit. The PG (Andrew?) looks more dangerous than the SG (Aaron?). At the very least, I expect Andrew to be similar to Michael Carter Williams of Syracuse.

However, I've been told from people that have seen Young that he can be a volume shooter at times. I don't think Calipari will be as willing to oblige. He'd have to prove himself as the next Doron Lamb (who was very efficient and had a knack for making good decisions) to get a green light.

But let's be real: 2013 Kentucky should be able to blacklete 98.0% of NCAA teams on any given night for a victory. If there's 347 Division I teams, then that comes out to roughly 7 teams (capable of winning with discipline) which seems about right.

Case in point: how many teams will have a player strong and quick enough to guard Randle? He'll be able to outmuscle pretty much everyone minus centers.

And then Wiggins...I mean lol. Does this kid have a weakness in his game? Even Randle struggled with this guy. I remember posting a video of him as an 8th grader on Center Court (before it was merged with the Shark Tank). At the time, the knock on him was that he couldn't shoot. That's no longer the case. And given his athleticism and ability to get to the rim, he doesn't need to shoot.

But it remains to be seen if Wiggins has MGK's intangibles. I remember when MGK was billed as "can't miss" prospect with the potential to be become a a NBA All-Star.

In my mind, I see Wiggins as MGK taken to the near limit of human evolution. WIggins is basically an inch and maybe 25 pound shy of what Lebron was coming out of high school but with essentially same superhuman athleticism.

Wiggins still has shooting issues. 60% FT shooter and only slightly above average from long range.

DurhamSon said:
Wiggins still has shooting issues. 60% FT shooter and only slightly above average from long range.
That's good to read.

Someone told me that he had a high FG% but now that I think about it, that stat doesn't really tell me how good a shooter he is since he gets to the rim so easily for lay-ups and dunks.

McGary will 100% return for his sophomore season at least:
http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.s ... _mcga.html

Surefire 2+ year player in the Sulaimon mold, but huge and about to average 18 and 12 next season. Probably stays 3 years and graduates, winning NPOY in a landslide as a junior.
I'm cautiously optimistic.

Sophomore Darius Morris, who missed what would've been the game-winning bankshot against Duke in the round of 32, swore that he was gonna come back to Michigan. And then he declared and went in the 2nd round.

Wow, Jonathon Givony has shabazz falling all the way to 9th. No way that happens. He has him listed behind Cody Zeller and Oladipo.

Muhammad's age became a big issue. He's the same age as Oladipo and not as good right now. Ceiling is higher offensively (arguable), but Oladipo plays incredible defense whereas Muhammad plays no defense. I would never take Zeller ahead of him no matter what my needs are.

DurhamSon said:
Wow, Jonathon Givony has shabazz falling all the way to 9th. No way that happens. He has him listed behind Cody Zeller and Oladipo.

i can see it. or at least i can see him being worse than them in the nba. shabazz does nothing well at an nba level, he doesnt have great athleticism, he has baggage, and hes pretty old. i dont think he has the ability to dominate, and he has to revamp his approach if he is going to be a solid 3rd or 4th option, imo.

im not super-high on oladipo, but he has great athleticism and attitude. zeller isnt dominant, but he has solid skills.

If the Cavs have a choice between Oladipo and Muhammad, I pray they take Oladipo. Oladipo plays defense and is a high character guy. The Cavs need defense.

Yeah, I don't think I'd want Shabazz on my NBA team. He's a ballstopper who will use the possessions of a star without being quite good enough to justify it, and doesn't really contribute in other ways. Best case IMO is a poor man's Harden when he came off of the bench and pretty much took over the offense with the second team.

Oladipo strikes me as Alonzo Gee with less shitty offense. So basically, I want the Cavs to draft him and get rid of Gee.

Really no gamechanger in this draft, though.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom