Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA Draft Discussion

Surprised to see Allen and Duval on any mock draft ahead of Bolden and DeLaurier, to be honest. Our team's 4 interior players might all be better prospects than anyone on the perimeter.

Frank Jackson did so well in the NBA this season I couldn't blame Gary for leaving.
I can't tell what point you are trying to get across here but in all likelihood it seems to be one that hasn't been very well thought out.

It was sarcasm.
Yeah but it's pointless sarcasm that makes no sense. He got drafted high and is getting paid before suffering a season ending foot injury. Frank did very well on his end while avoiding any potential stock slipping due to injury. One of the reasons to go into the draft is to max out your position and do so before getting hurt. Frank did exactly that and if Gary were in a similar position he would be wise to do the same. It has nothing to do with how he has done in the NBA which also makes no sense because he hasn't gotten a chance to do anything due to injury.

Frank Jackson did so well in the NBA this season I couldn't blame Gary for leaving.
I can't tell what point you are trying to get across here but in all likelihood it seems to be one that hasn't been very well thought out.

It was sarcasm.
Yeah but it's pointless sarcasm that makes no sense. He got drafted high and is getting paid before suffering a season ending foot injury. Frank did very well on his end while avoiding any potential stock slipping due to injury. One of the reasons to go into the draft is to max out your position and do so before getting hurt. Frank did exactly that and if Gary were in a similar position he would be wise to do the same. It has nothing to do with how he has done in the NBA which also makes no sense because he hasn't gotten a chance to do anything due to injury.
Still think Frank will carve out a decent career. Crazy athletes with the ability to score the ball tend to find roles in the league.

It was sarcasm.

I was one of the first on TDD that knew Frank was gone and FTR and being serious I think the only way Gary leaves is if we win it all this season. Money shouldn't be an issue with GTJ so I'm with @AxeS24 in thinking he comes back, I don't think he will test all that well to move the needle but if we win it all then just like with Tyus, I can't be mad if he leaves.

I don't think it makes a ton of sense for Trent to come back. He was one of the better wing scorers in the ACC this year and despite early and late season slumps, he showed the potential to be a great catch-and-shoot guy. If he comes back next year, he's likely to be relegated to a bench role and possibly see his shooting numbers slip. Even if he only tests as a 2nd-round pick, that would likely be a more appealing option than coming back.

New mock by Givony.

4. Sacramento Kings- Marvin Bagley III
6. Chicago Bulls- Wendell Carter, Jr.
30. Atlanta Hawks- Grayson Allen
41. Orlando Magic- Trevon Duval

Who does he have Charlotte taking at 10-12 or whatever, please? The Ringer had them taking Carter last week.

Miles Bridges.

Thanks, my friend. I'm not to excited about Miles but oh well. I'd rather have Sexton, Mikal Bridges or SGA from Kentucky but hey, it's the Hornets if they didn't screw things up then they wouldn't be forever on the mediocrity treadmill.

I like Duval as a 2nd round pick. I'd take him over the usual international stashes and potentially league average rotation players for bad teams (normally the best case scenario in the 2nd). This is coming from someone who absolutely hates Duval's game. I think with the worst FT shooter in NBA history becoming a 62% guy in one offseason of hard work, and seemingly every Spurs player becoming a great 3pt shooter due to the coaches, someone can turn Duval into a top-tier starter. There aren't many of those prospects left after the middle of the 1st. Grayson Allen would need to have a legendary run of 6 games at this point to be a better pick than Duval to me - I disagree with DX putting Allen that high.

Duval's weaknesses are all basketball related. His strengths are things that you are born with--measurables, athleticism, etc.

His weaknesses are fixable. I'd honestly love to see him come back and play on next year's team which is far better suited to his game, but won't blame him if he declares.

Duval's weaknesses are all basketball related. His strengths are things that you are born with--measurables, athleticism, etc.

His weaknesses are fixable. I'd honestly love to see him come back and play on next year's team which is far better suited to his game, but won't blame him if he declares.

He needs to figure out what is best for the Tricky brand: being OAD or being a 1st rounder.

I think he's a 1st-rounder in the next draft if he comes back.

Sure would be nice to have two capable point guards, to the extent he improves and is actually capable.

Imagine an off-season of Tricky shooting with 2 good eyes… in the hands of Chip Engelland. Maybe the Spurs could make him a smarter player and either fix or reign in his shooting.

Newest mock draft:
1 Ayton
2 Doncic
3 Bagley
4 Jackson
5 Bamba
6 Carter
7 Porter Jr
8 Young (haha)
9 Sexton
10 Mikal Bridges
11 R. Williams
12 Miles Bridges
13 Gilgeous-Alexander
14 Walker
15 Knox
16 Zhaire SMith
17 Diop
18 Gafford
19 Anfernee Simons
20 Mitchell Robinson

33 Grayson
42 Duval
44 Trent

I mean is there anyway Trent and Duval stay? I dont think so but i mean if this is where they are gonna go, then I'm not sure anymore. Maybe 1 stays?

Would love it but don't see both. Trevon will test incredibly well a la Frank and will go late 1st/early 2nd.

Trent is the wild card. He can go from mid-2nd round at best to mid-1st/late lottery if he comes back.

JMO.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom