Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NBA

Watching the Bucks-Nets game from the other night. The Mark Jackson-JVG pairing is so bad. I'm not sure who the play-by-play guy is. But he basically doesn't get to do his job as these idiots ramble on. At one point, Brooklyn went on a 17-2 run. They didn't make one comment on what was happening on the court the entire time.

Keep hoping Mark Jackson will get another NBA job so he can get off the broadcasts. JVG can take a hike too. They ruin the broadcasts.

I'm so sick of people comparing Morant to Derrick Rose. Is that the only athletic point guard they can think of? Morant is already so much better than Rose ever was. I watched a lot of Bulls back in that era because they had Deng and Boozer and because I liked Noah. I could never grow to enjoy watching Rose play. He's a better player now than he was back then. Back then he just took way more shots (mostly bad ones).

I wonder what kind of contracts prime Westbrook and Rose would command now. Dejounte Murray is earning around $15 million right now. His long range shooting is comparable to Rose's and Westbrook's, but his defense is way better than either. And I like his decision making and shot selection more. Like Westbrook, he's a rebounding and assist machine.

Granted, the Spurs gave him this contract before he really broke out. I expect if they were negotiating this year, it would be more like $25 million.

I'm so sick of people comparing Morant to Derrick Rose. Is that the only athletic point guard they can think of? Morant is already so much better than Rose ever was. I watched a lot of Bulls back in that era because they had Deng and Boozer and because I liked Noah. I could never grow to enjoy watching Rose play. He's a better player now than he was back then. Back then he just took way more shots (mostly bad ones).

I kind of think the best comparison is a better finishing Iverson.

I kind of think the best comparison is a better finishing Iverson.
That's even more of an insult to Morant.

He also passes and shoots far better than Iverson. I wish we could find an efficient player to compare him to instead of an athletic chucker.

He also passes and shoots far better than Iverson. I wish we could find an efficient player to compare him to instead of an athletic chucker.

Well Ja has definitely made a leap this year w/r/t efficiency, but he was a bit of an athletic, no defense chucker before. He's mostly a better finisher at the rim, though Iverson drew fouls at a higher rate. I think Iverson was a perfectly good passer, he just wasn't oriented that way at least partly because he was surrounded by dreadful offensive talent. I'm not a fan of AI, but I do think he'd have been a lot more successful in today's game.

Of course, he was also insane.

I think AI is one of the worst "great players" ever. And even at his lowest efficiency, Morant was never near the dreadful TS% of Iverson. Also, why are Morant's first two years being counted against him but at the same time we're looking at peak Iverson/Rose, etc?

On another note, the Heat were 28-1 to win the title to start the season. Now they're at 10-to-1 or so. I talked about putting money on them back then. But you can't bet online in this fucking state, and I didn't want to bother with the workarounds. They're 1st in the East and will likely have home court until the Finals. The Nets are going to basically not have played together entering the playoffs. The Bucks have been a little underwhelming and have the issue of Lopez's health. The Bulls are a paper tiger, imo. The Suns are dealing with Chris Paul's health and the Warriors are missing Draymond.

Could have won enough money to buy a used Les Paul with a small bet on them.

I think AI is one of the worst "great players" ever. And even at his lowest efficiency, Morant was never near the dreadful TS% of Iverson. Also, why are Morant's first two years being counted against him but at the same time we're looking at peak Iverson/Rose, etc?

In their respective second years in the league AI shot 46/30/73 and Ja shot 45/30/73. Identical TS%. And keep in mind the overall eFG% in the entire league is nearly 5% higher now than it was in 1998, so it was 'structurally' harder to be efficient back then. Iverson was slightly above league average at that time while Ja was 5% below league average last year. 32 year old Iverson had a .567 TS%, not that far off Ja's current .578 coming off a massive heater. Again, Ja seems to have made a leap that Iverson never quite made, so it is probably moot unless he starts taking shooting advice from Tatum, but it was a very valid comparison until this year, especially given their styles of play. And I still think Ja has externalities - teammates, space and pace, sanity - that make it easier for him.

AI had a degree of difficulty that Ja will hopefully never experience. I mean, it can't be easy being a drunk and playing in the NBA.

Celtics just needed to get rid of their bad coach to succeed.

Would be hilarious if Stevens turned into a better GM than HC. Trading for White was a better move than Ainge had made in years

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom