Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

I am in agreement that firing them was stupid, especially since their own company says neither has any record of previous misconduct. It’s funny, I’ve been irritated enough as a customer to want to complain to a manager, but I’ve never been ballsy enough to complain in the store. I always think “I’ll send an email to corporate when I get home.” But then after a 10 minute drive, I never waste my time typing that shit up.

He wrote that how Joe Van Gogh's management chose to respond to the incident was their choice.

"The employees who chose to play the song in a business establishment on the Duke campus made a poor decision which was conveyed to the JVG management," Moneta wrote "How they responded to the employees’ behavior was solely at their discretion."

JVG is saying this is a lie. I suppose we’ll find out more at some point.

I am in agreement that firing them was stupid, especially since their own company says neither has any record of previous misconduct. It’s funny, I’ve been irritated enough as a customer to want to complain to a manager, but I’ve never been ballsy enough to complain in the store. I always think “I’ll send an email to corporate when I get home.” But then after a 10 minute drive, I never waste my time typing that shit up.
I also never complain and just stew on it and later wish I complained.

I also never complain and just stew on it and later wish I complained.

I never complain about people who are working low-end service jobs making at or near minimum wage. I feel like their jobs are punishment enough.

Well-off old white guy comes down on young black barista for playing rap music.

Pretty obvious what the author was going for there.

Bingo.

Going to be he-said-she-said for a while I presume. I'll credit Indyweek for not outright calling the VP a liar, but i'm guessing they know what narrative they are pushing about the man even if not explicitly, with the irrelevant line reminding people he "argued against the vandalism of confederate monuments" (Obviously he's a white supremacist!!!)

Lol, it's just like Keeley to characterize the situation like this:

"music you don't like"

Last edited:
At first I thought a firing was probably a wild overreaction, but after looking at the lyrics, it is kind of baffling they would play that in a place of public business for families and all ages:

Get paid, young nigga, get paid
Whatever you do, just make sure you get paid
Crib so big, that it came with a maid
Rule number 1, get the money first
Rule number 2, don't forget to get the money
Play by these rules and everything will be okay
Still in my trap, flipping my Frito-Lays
Go get the money, it ain't nothing else important to me
I showed her a Xanax, she hurried up and took
I fucked her so good, she got up and started cooking
Rolling up big blunts, out a pound of cookies
If you ain't got 40 bands, then you can't book me
Pulled up on the side of your bitch, she wouldn't stop looking
That bitch good as tooken, good as gone
I guarantee tonight my nigga, that bitch ain't coming home
I got money to count, I got bitches to fuck
I got packs to flip, pistols to bust
When I was small, I ain't have nothing
Started selling dope, and prayed to God for a plug
He showed up and said
Get paid nigga, get paid bitch
You on some rich nigga shit, we on the same shit
Me and my Memphis Grizzly partners fuck the same bitches
The only difference is I'm a trap nigga
Don't you hear it in my voice when I rap nigga?
I'm on South Beach with E Feezy throwing stacks nigga
Turn to the Macs nigga, facts nigga
She met me for the first time, didn't know how to act nigga
Double R, parked in my motherfucking front yard
Trap jumping like the motherfucking Million Man March
If she ain't got a fat ass, the she can't get up in this car
I can tell if that ass real or fake by how she walk

It kind of makes the employee look like an idiot when she says
"When I got hired, the only thing that was expected for the music was for it to be cool music,” Brown says. “There was no training to make sure that your music was appropriate.”
. Like really, you would need explicit guidelines to know not to play that at a family friendly business? Really?

Last edited:
Well-off old white guy comes down on young black barista for playing rap music.

Pretty obvious what the author was going for there.

Bingo.

Going to be he-said-she-said for a while I presume. I'll credit Indyweek for not outright calling the VP a liar, but i'm guessing they know what narrative they are pushing about the man even if not explicitly, with the irrelevant line reminding people he "argued against the vandalism of confederate monuments" (Obviously he's a white supremacist!!!)

Lol, it's just like Keeley to characterize the situation like this:

"music you don't like"

Monata is more of a Migos fan

(whispers) change the fucking twitter handle. Oh, and, duh. Everyone knows that. No need to (whisper).

I think this will become the new trollish trend, like swatting. With the Starbucks and Airbnb incidents, maybe it already has. It’s generally physically harmless, but even if someone is killed due to this, it will raise more concerns over police actions against black people, which can be rationalized by weirdos as a positive. If you can manage to do it anonymously, there are basically no repercussions to you. The fact that there are no legal repercussions if done reasonably (“reasonable” in this context = any white person being suspicious of any black person) is somewhat eye-opening, so ironically, liberals will want to do this to make that statement as well. The incentives in play should make this a popular thing to do, especially by high school and college kids with nothing better to do and who are naturally trollish.

(whispers) change the fucking twitter handle. Oh, and, duh. Everyone knows that. No need to (whisper).

Oh my god, he's still actually doing the fucking whisper thing. God, that's the worst.

Also, love the 1,000+ followers but no one liking or engaging with any of the tweets. What is even the point at this point?

Last edited:

Oh my god, he's still actually doing the fucking whisper thing. God, that's the worst.

Hey, did you guys see how easy it is to change a username on Twitter?

https://help.twitter.com/en/managing-your-account/change-twitter-handle

Note: Changing your username will not affect your existing followers, Direct Messages, or replies. Your followers will simply see a new username next to your profile photo when you update. We suggest you alert your followers before you change your username so they can direct replies or Direct Messages to your new username.

Sadly NC will probably be the last among states to get on board. Took long enough just to set up a lottery last decade.

Should be about $1 million per victim after attorney fees. The court system has answered the age old question of "How much money would it take for you to go back in time and be sexually assaulted by a close friend of Tom Izzo as a young child?"

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom