Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

News Thread

He went fucking ballistic after the decision came down, too.

After reading the article and reading the song lyrics, I’m not sure what anyone’s problem is with Moneta in that scenario. I think he had every right to complain. Also, the headline and first paragraph are very misleading considering no one said anything about Moneta pushing for termination unless I just missed it.

The one dude definitely shouldn’t have been fired. The gal shouldn’t have been either, but she’s definitely at fault here. You don’t need a company policy to know not to play a song like that at work.

She apologized, turned off the song. Nothing else was needed. It’s pretty clear he called someone which led to the firings. He’s pretty much known as an asshole and now 2 people are out of a job.

He said he called to complain, yes, but nowhere did anyone say he demanded someone be fired. But that’s what the headline and first paragraph say. That’s #fakenews

Anyway, my point is if you are stupid enough to play a song like that over the speakers at your work, don’t be shocked if you are disciplined.

But Joe Van Gogh is essentially calling Moneta a liar, saying that it was the university that called for the employees to be fired, where he says it was their decision.

Well-off old white guy comes down on young black barista for playing rap music.

Pretty obvious what the author was going for there.

Well-off old white guy comes down on young black barista for playing rap music.

Pretty obvious what the author was going for there.
People were fired because an exec was offended. He was wrong and he made Duke look bad again. That’s all.

Put it this way. A Duke VP could have prevented these people,from being fired and had them written up or something and he didn’t.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom