Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

In our weekly pussyboat Ron coaching fuck up segment, I almost gave the award to the timeout call on the Saints 4th down FG attempt, but it has to go to running out the clock with 50 seconds and two timeouts left before halftime. Lost by 10, btw, cause we had to kick an onside due to the clock...

The title contention window on this current Panthers era has slammed shut.
Clairvoyant

Bet we don't see you show your face again the rest of the year, motherfucker.

Actually scratch that. You probably show up if we sneak into the playoffs as an anemic 10-6 team, before leaving forever as we get blown out first game.

This Panthers team is going nowhere. Bereft of talent at the skill positions, loads of assholes across the roster, and too many washed up old men who have seen better days. I haven't had a lot of optimism throughout the season, but today has cemented that this team is not a contender in the NFC. They have first round fodder written all over them. And of course, Ron and Shula will be back for another year for showing "improvement" in getting the team back to the postseason. At this point, I almost hope we miss the playoffs and are forced to make some changes.

Drafting has been such fucking ass under Gettleman, after the good start. Had a really good opening draft in 2013, and then absolute shit since then, save Turner, who is now overpaid anyways.

2015/2016/2017, as well as the rest of the 2013-2014 sans those previous 3, might literally produce ZERO pro bowlers.

Really just an incompetent organization at the ownership, management, and coaching levels. Wasting the bulk of Cam Newton's prime with these clowns is such a travesty. Very similar to how Duke will waste Bagley and Barrett.

Gettleman's drafting in the first two rounds, where franchise cornerstone players are found:

• Star/KK - excellent, A+, knocked it out of the park
  • Benjamin/Ealy - Both gone
  • Shaq/Funchess - both generously could be described as league average players at their position.
  • Butler/Bradberry - early but looking like both will again, just be okay, maaaaybe slightly above average, but not pro-bowl level
  • CMC/Samuels - Too early to say, I could see CMC maybe making a pro bowl once in his career. Essentially drafted a slot receiver at #8. And a non impact player in 2nd round who probably won't be on the team in a few years.

Just really, awful drafting where pro-bowl and all-pro talent is supposed to be found. Almost all our success was built on Hurney drafted/traded guys and now that some of that are aging out, it's starting to show Gettleman did next to nothing to replace them.

Giants fire Ben McAdoo and Jerry Reese.

They need to shake up their management structure and go after Nick Saban.

What is funny about that? Would be a grand salami. Saban would be on the biggest stage in the world + getting a chance to prove to everyone that he can succeed in the NFL.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nick_Saban#Miami_Dolphins
Well aware.

You aware of who his QBs were? What his overall roster looked like?

Dude is a legendary coach who does inimitable work on defense, with DBs specifically.

He would probably kill it if given full control like Belichick and Pete.

He'll appeal until the final game of the regular season, which will have no meaning to the Patriots and in which all starters would be sitting out anyway. It's exactly the right thing to do, and he should be able to get away with it.

Because the New York Giants really offer him a roster full of brilliant QB's.
Yeah, it's not like the Giants aren't going to have a top pick or anything.

Give Saban what he wants in terms of control and draft Rosen.

But I'm sure the Giants will just hire some dopey pencil neck as GM and another clown like McAdon't will be the next coach.

Axe isn't actually the only one saying this. I too think it's very unlikely, especially given his age, but you never know if Saban wants to finish up his college tenure with one last title. Cowherd was talking about this too I think. Idea would be stepping into a good organization like the Giants with potentially a guy like Rosen coming in. Plus, didn't Saban want Brees in Miami, but the organization wouldn't cooperate?

Still at his age I think this is a no go. Especially if they aren't getting Rosen or Darnold.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom