Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NFL

Saban is a god at Alabama, that's tough to walk away from. The closest comp is K walking away from Duke to go to the Celtics, IMO. I think they offered him, what, 12 million?

Can't believe it took this long for the Giants to fire Mopey McAdon't. He really sucked as a coach. Sad!

What do you guys think about hiring Reese potentially as the perma GM? I know the situation got botched with letting coughlin go and the mcadoo situation, but rumor is mcadoo wasn't his guy and was forced on him by ownership. Not to mention if he was willing to fire coughlin, I bet he'd be willing to kick Rivera's sorry ass to the curb.

I bet they've gotten better rookies than us the last four years with their first two picks as well.

Its more like K walking away from Duke to coach the Kings next year

What do you guys think about hiring Reese potentially as the perma GM? I know the situation got botched with letting coughlin go and the mcadoo situation, but rumor is mcadoo wasn't his guy and was forced on him by ownership. Not to mention if he was willing to fire coughlin, I bet he'd be willing to kick Rivera's sorry ass to the curb.

I bet they've gotten better rookies than us the last four years with their first two picks as well.

No thanks. Don't want another Giants retread after Gettleman. We all know Hurney is getting the permanent GM job anyway. JR needs to have a yes man to do his bidding by handing out fat contracts to Olsen, TD, and all the other olds.

The title contention window on this current Panthers era has slammed shut.
Clairvoyant

Bet we don't see you show your face again the rest of the year, motherfucker.

Actually scratch that. You probably show up if we sneak into the playoffs as an anemic 10-6 team, before leaving forever as we get blown out first game.
Says the king of disappearing when facts turn inconvenient.

And of course the Panthers' 8-4 record absolutely supports the argument that their window on contention has slammed shut.

Clairvoyant

Actually scratch that. You probably show up if we sneak into the playoffs as an anemic 10-6 team, before leaving forever as we get blown out first game.

And of course the Panthers' 8-4 record absolutely supports the argument that their window on contention has slammed shut.

He has 11,500+ posts, bro.

Clairvoyant

Which TDD pussy are you? Gotta be Gruveguy, I would think. No one else on that board nearly foamed from the mouth the way he did with how much I got in his head. Certainly not to the point that they'd register an account on another board just to talk shit.

The idea you think an 8-4 record proves we are title contenders is just further shortsightedness and ignorance on your part. I bitchslapped you during the 2016 season when I told you we were out of it by the end of September (and YOU disappeared). Like I said then, the ignorant and dumb draw conclusions only from current results, while smarter posters look at the process, regardless of outcome. Once again you make the same mistake.

So, how long have you been lurking TDF anyways? Obviously based on your registration date you opened an account only to see posts here when that was instituted as a requirement, so my guess is you've been otherwise lurking for quite some time. I would hope for your sake it was for more than to just stalk my posts.

Last edited:
Clairvoyant

Pretty pathetic that your sole reason for posting here is to peddle this weak argument. Aside from their very suspect 8-4 record (padded by 3 wins over AFC East trash), what exactly suggests that the 2017 Panthers are contenders? A 3-point win at NE when their defense was a sieve? The window has all but completely shut. This team isn't getting past some combination of the Vikings, Eagles, Saints and Rams in the playoffs this year.

In fact, things are probably going to get worse in before they get better in the years to follow as the organization continues to muddle around with Ron and Shula and the effects of the barren post-2013 drafts are felt more acutely as the older players continue to decline with few competent younger guys around to step up and replace them.

Another candidate I'd float for NY Giants job: Jon Gruden.

He doesn't appear to be in play at TN anymore. Said he'd consider it if Eli Manning is the QB.

Fix the OL and it'd work. Bigly.

Have we considered that @AxeS24 is Jon Gruden himself? Are you that unhappy with the MNF and Gruden's QB camp that you want to get back into coaching, chucky?

Have we considered that @AxeS24 is Jon Gruden himself? Are you that unhappy with the MNF and Gruden's QB camp that you want to get back into coaching, chucky?

I know people and coaches who know him. He wants to get back into coaching. He's a champion- I like those.

Yeah, he did great with Dungy's team.

He did what Dungy couldn't, and he did it with an average QB. Dungy had to have a Hall of Fame QB to win his title.

You could also say the Bill Callahan Raiders team that lost the Super Bowl was Gruden's, too, using your logic.

Gruden responsible for both teams in the Super Bowl. WOW.

Chat users

Chat rooms

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom