Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player R.J. Barrett

2017-18 high school season stats so far for R.J. Barrett:

FG%: 52 %
3pt FG%: 35 %
FT %: 67 %

What are the sample sizes here?

8 games spread throughout the season (all I could find/have tracked so far)

FG: 75-143 (52.4%)
3 pt FG: 13-37 (35.1%)
FT: 40-60 (66.6%)

He shot 75.4% on 61 FT attempts for Team Canada last Summer. Hard to tell if the 66 or 75 is the true R.J. I'll bet on the latter because he's so young and just starting to develop consistency.

We've got to remember Barrett is ranked consensus top 2 because he is a stat sheet stuffer and versatile. And athleticism. And he has an awesome Euro step.

We have 14 games with rebound statistics. He has 112 rebounds in those games. So, he's averaging 8 rebounds per game.

We also have 14 games with assist statistics. He has 46 assists. So, 3.2 assists per game.

Also has a reputation as a plus defender.

This all jives with what I saw against Lake Gibson, where he was simply phenomenal.

Kevin Knox shot 27% from 3 and 71% from the line in 2016 EYBL. He is shooting 35% from 3 and 76% from the line at Kentucky.

Hamidou Diallo shot 20% on 55 shots from 3 in 2016 EYBL. He is shooting 34% on 50 shots from 3 at Kentucky.

These hyper-athletic guys who are just putting the finishing touches on their games seem to make noticeable shooting leaps as they mature.

Barrett has shot 35% this season, and he is much better in other (all) areas than those two.

I would be focused more on FT% and less on 3pt% in high school. The 3s they're taking in high school aren't like the 3s they'll be taking at Duke or Kentucky. It's not so much that they're improving as shooters than they're simply getting better looks from 3 on good college teams, where they're not the sole focus of the defense. Much more catch and shoot at Duke than off the dribble.

Last edited:
DeMar DeRozan shot 64.6 % from the FT line as a freshman at USC. 76.3 % as a rookie for the Raptors. He's been 80 % every year since then.

Hopefully, we get the 75 % R.J. that Canada did. IF we get that or better, Reddish will have competition for top scorer, because R.J. will put up a ridiculous FTr.

Also, Sean, your post makes me absolutely giddy for Reddish. He is going to be a star. There just aren't any 6'8 college players shooting 45ish from 3 and 90 from the FT line.

Just saw various highlights from February 3rd game against the defending state champs from Fort Lauderdale, in which R.J. had 37.

R.J. hit 3 triples in the 1st half. That made me feel happy.

DeMar DeRozan shot 64.6 % from the FT line as a freshman at USC. 76.3 % as a rookie for the Raptors. He's been 80 % every year since then.

Hopefully, we get the 75 % R.J. that Canada did. IF we get that or better, Reddish will have competition for top scorer, because R.J. will put up a ridiculous FTr.

Also, Sean, your post makes me absolutely giddy for Reddish. He is going to be a star. There just aren't any 6'8 college players shooting 45ish from 3 and 90 from the FT line.

He has to put serious work on those foul shots to consistently be at 75%.

R.J. averaged 24 ppg in 3 games facing top-flight competition this weekend at the Metro Classic.

He would have averaged 28-30 if he could fucking shoot free throws. He's going to drive me crazy unless he improves like Tre Jones has.

Team Canada plays the Virgin Islands on February 22nd and the Bahamas on February 25th in the second window of the FIBA basketball World Cup Americas qualifiers.

Gordie Herbert will be the coach: http://www.basketball.ca/3x3-canada-quest-s15546/news-article/slug-igcvw7

I can't find a roster, but I wonder if R.J. will be on it? Montverde is off until the GEICO Nationals.

Would be good to get R.J. some further experience against older guys.

Not worried about these guys shooting percentages at all. With professional coaches these players usually see an uptick in their percentages.

Cam will probably be high 30's. Tre and Barrett mid 30's. I think Zion will surprise and he solid from 3 but def a step down from those guys. AOC will be in the 40's.

Not worried about these guys shooting percentages at all. With professional coaches these players usually see an uptick in their percentages.

Cam will probably be high 30's. Tre and Barrett mid 30's. I think Zion will surprise and he solid from 3 but def a step down from those guys. AOC will be in the 40's.

Cam will be better than that. He's better than Trent.

Cam is already in the 40s in high school on high volume. His coaching is undoubtedly poor and he's the main offensive option for his team. I would expect his percentage to at least hold steady if not improve.

Because of his shooting, I'm projecting him as our leading scorer next year.

Cam is already in the 40s in high school on high volume. His coaching is undoubtedly poor and he's the main offensive option for his team. I would expect his percentage to at least hold steady if not improve.

Because of his shooting, I'm projecting him as our leading scorer next year.

Yes. He is incredible. He is in the high 40s, to be exact. I believe I have 47% on high volume for his senior year at Westtown so far.

Thought it was 43%. Well, he won't improve on 47%. That's too much to ask. But I would expect around 43%.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom