Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Trevon Duval

I'm fine if he's in the game during crunch time but he needs to be the inbounds passer. If we're down I'd go Duval-Allen-AOC-Trent-Bagley. I'd go Bagley over Carter because he's let us down on a few 1 and 1's and Bagley is quicker and would be able to get open easier than Carter.

What have you seen that gives you any faith he can make the inbounds pass?

I think Duvals issue is speed and getting out of control. When he's not doing that I think he's a good passer.

Has this been posted yet? accsports.com has published all of the good CBB sportswriting I have read this season. I assume this guy, Brian Geisinger, will soon be offered a much more lucrative job scouting for an NBA team like Luke Winn was.

https://accsports.com/acc-analytics/inside-playbook-duke-power-play-trevon-duval/

This was pretty fascinating. The visual aids were extremely helpful for half-dumbs like me.

The OKC stuff perhaps could work in moderation. It would just take two or three successful attempts at it for defenses to start playing a little more honestly.

K/Duke are always trying to emulate the NBA. Maybe the person in the Nolan Smith role should be an analytics guy like this ACCSports person. I'm sure Darryl Morey has like 15 people below him, one of whom may be thrilled to cut his own path as the lead analytics guy for a top college program, and then move back on to the NBA.

I don't mean to say that they should get rid of Nolan Smith, but it feels like having a guy like this would be a greater value-add than having a fourth former player to talk about the Fist or whatever. It would also show that Duke is being innovative in a sport that lacks innovation.

I still think the best solution is not to find an Andre Roberson role for Duval but to play AOC instead. I understand why that is not happening though.

I had thought Duval setting ball screens as well. It would look super weird, but if his man isn't playing him at all, have him pick off Allen or Trent's man for an open look from 3. As TS9 said, you would only have to run that a few times before the defense would start playing Duval a little more closely.

Yeah, having hims set the screen then as soon as the shot goes up crash the boards.

Based on what I've heard, I'm not convinced Duval would be to be academically elligible next year even if he wanted to be. Doesn't exactly sound like a star student. Might be our saving grace.

Need him to play like this for six games in the tournament. Wow, what a second half. Our ceiling with Duval at PG is so much higher than with Allen. Hopefully he keeps it up, although he'll probably puke himself in the second round.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom