Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wake Forest at Duke - Sat, Jan 5, 12:00pm ESPNU

It felt like Duke had sloppy hands all game. Was frustrating to watch at times, along with the hordes of wide open misses.

ZackM said:
This really wasn't that bad of a game. Defense was pretty much exactly on par with our season average and offense wasn't great, but not terrible either. The second unit made it look worse than it really was.

Yep.

BTW, K didn't do them any favors putting them all out there at the same time. It was almost as if he was saying "you guys want to have playing time? Lemme show you why you aren't getting it anytime soon."

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Maryland just finished destroying VT. Hilarious when Erick Green wins ACC POY on a 4-14 team.

Maryland is gonna have an extremely good year.

NOD said:
ZackM said:
This really wasn't that bad of a game. Defense was pretty much exactly on par with our season average and offense wasn't great, but not terrible either. The second unit made it look worse than it really was.

Yep.

BTW, K didn't do them any favors putting them all out there at the same time. It was almost as if he was saying "you guys want to have playing time? Lemme show you why you aren't getting it anytime soon."

It's wake though. Have to do better than letting them go 9-0. Amile and Marshall had been getting some first half minutes anyways.

I have been in lab today. I expect a detailed write up.

NOD said:
ZackM said:

Yep.

"I hate to do this to you guys, but there's a message board I need to troll right now"

ChibCU said:
Im gonna do one tomorrow after I can do my rewatch

Rebounding was bad again, but other than Plumlees going 3-11 from the line, I wasn't too upset. Defense was good. We win by 40 if K doesn't play the bench all at the same time (were up 27 at the time).

I also think Marshall could play 20 minutes a game and not help our rebounding one bit. He bailed out of several easy rebounds like he was scared to grab the ball and wanted to run away.

Been saying it all along: only way our rebounding improves is if someone gets more minutes at SF. And that's not going to happen. So we're pretty much stuck with what we have.

BTW, in the box at the game and on espn.com, Murphy has zero rebounds. Does it not count if the ball comes off the rim and hits the ground because Murphy picked up one of those that hadn't been touched by anyone else?

Quinn 0 points 14 assists
Thomas 0 points 12 rebounds

aiw said:
BTW, in the box at the game and on espn.com, Murphy has zero rebounds. Does it not count if the ball comes off the rim and hits the ground because Murphy picked up one of those that hadn't been touched by anyone else?

Those are supposed to count. They usually do.

ChibCU said:

Duke, worst team ever, wins against even worse team despite Mason Plumlee's predictable regression. Subs troll TDD and Kenpom.

Curry could chip in more on the boards. He's at 1.8 rpg after 2.6 rpg last season, in nearly identical minutes. His rebounding percentages are down by about 1/3 total. Curry rebounding like he's capable of obviously won't cure the team problem, but every little bit will help. Maybe the injury is affecting him on the boards more than it is in other parts of his game. Sulaimon was averaging 4.3 rpg after 8 games, and is now down to 3.4. He can help by improving, too. An extra 2 rebounds from Curry and Sulaimon in any given game instead of 2 rebounds for the opponent is big. Mason and Kelly are what they are and Cook is doing all he can from his position.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom