Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Wake Forest at Duke - Sat, Jan 5, 12:00pm ESPNU

Favorite play of the game was in the 1st half, Mason got a board, dribbled once, passed it up the sideline and 2 passes later, Sulaimon had a layup. The only dribble on the play was Mason's.

My favorite was the fast break layup by Jiggy.

Coach K appeared very happy at the presser. A lot less short/sarcastic with the media than he usually is. Had good things to say about the subs.

Another game under 10 assists for the opposition, to go with 19 TOs

Yeah, that stat is really encouraging. Also, our team assist/turnover ratio is pretty amazing.

rome8180 said:
My favorite was the fast break layup by Jiggy.

Coach K appeared very happy at the presser. A lot less short/sarcastic with the media than he usually is. Had good things to say about the subs.

He was happy in the radio postgame, too. Loved Quinn's game and said all of his shots were good, he just missed. Loved the 2nd half, but said he couldn't explain the 2 minute lapse after we got up 27.

ETA: He tried to explain Cook's 0-11, too. Said his job is to play tough D, which he did, run the O, which he did and then look for his shot. Said that WFU was very physical with him, so when he did those first two things, he may not have had quite the energy he needed to finish the shots off.

Duke was 11th in the country before this game in assist/turnover ratio, unadjusted against the 7th strongest defensive schedule.

Duke scored 17 points before the 1st media timeout in the 2nd half.

“The development of our starters is much more important than the development of our depth. The development of every player is important. We are dealing in an injured player in Seth [Curry]. I know because he’s playing you think everything is good, but he’s not. He’s had gutty performances. Ryan [Kelly] was hurt during the holidays. He tweaked his foot. They have to be ready to go. And also for your future. Those three kids – Amile, Alex and Marshall – are really good players. They’re playing behind three seniors. It’s a different dynamic. There’s more separation than normal. And that’s good. That’s why we’re 14-0. It’s why we’ve won. You have to develop your depth and young guys in a little bit different way with this team.”

K should really just say "GFY" and be done with it when answering Y U NO PLAY THEM? Duke has 4 great players, 1 who is getting there, and 2 bench/role players who are good at their roles. Those guys will play every minute Duke has beyond the 1st round of the NCAAs. They matter. The others don't until next season. Practice makes players better. Anyone who thinks otherwise must think Rodney Hood won't even be able to dribble a basketball next season.

1pCK9J.Em.138.jpg

Wake is pretty awful.

Probably the biggest thing determining how good we are right now is whether Mason goes strong or fades away. When he muscles guys and jumps towards the rim on his shots, he must score or get fouled 80%+ of the time. When he fades away, it must be like 15%. Difference between a great team formed around an NPOY post scorer and an average team that's all perimeter.

The most passive crowd for an ACC game in Cameron that I've ever witnessed.

lol@ Marshall eating the microphone. And also at Murphy's frustration and jealousy starting to bubble over.

Pantone287 said:
lol@ Marshall eating the microphone. And also at Murphy's frustration and jealousy starting to bubble over.
You could tell when Alex was asked about seeing more of his crossover to lefty layup that he wanted to say, "You won't see much of it with me in a Duke uniform."

I wish they had actually shown the play he was talking about. They screwed that part up.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom