Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Wendell Carter Jr.

Carter has joined Bagley in the kPOY top 10. They are at #3 (Bagley) and #7 (Carter).

If this holds, it would be the first time since kPOY started in 2011 that any frontcourt pair from the same team have finished in the top 10. Objectively, this is probably the best big man starting duo and rotation, regardless of class, since Kansas 2008.

Something about the sight of Maye in that baby blue, and Carter goes to shit. Weirdest thing.

He also got owned in the post by Theo fucking Pinson. How tall is he again?

To be fair, UNC had an excellent fucking gameplan. Carter doesn't have Bagley's athleticism to combat the constant doubles and swiping for the ball.

That three he hit though was huge. I thought his three and Duval's were the two big momentum shots that helped the rally.

They doubled the post every time. Bagley can throw up bullshit and outjump everyone. Carter can't. Maybe need to make him more of a face-up player in those situations?

He started bringing his arms back down again on defense too. I guess he was just in his head from his offensive performance.

w9rsPzJ.png

Against UNC
9.5pts
7rebs
2.5blks
2Tos
3FPG
50%fg
75%3pt

Not as bad as I thought it would be when I watch him play them. Really expected the stats to be much worse. Maye is at 14 and 7.5. Maybe the fact that Maye is out playing him makes it look worse.

Bagley is averaging 18, 15.5, 2blks, 2.5asts, 1stl, 59%fg, 50%3pt. He's the only guy who has played well in both games for us. Well, him and Bolden.

Last edited:
I still love this dude's ability to do everything on the court at 6'10" 260 lbs. But he needs to stop the hooking on offense. In addition to the called foul where he cuffed Maye's ear, he could have easily been called for one on his baseline post bucket in the first half (it's the first play in this video):

He fouls enough as it is, but at least save them for the defensive end, Wendell.

2nd team All-ACC, could have been 1st if he hadn't fallen off a bit recently, IMO. Still, quite an accomplishment. Feel like he should have been on the All-ACC defensive team. Was he not even nominated?
Yea, he's the lynchpin of the 2nd-best defense in the conference. Seems like a no-brainer for first team.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom