Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] at UNC / at GT / VT / at Clemson

Line has moved to Duke by 1. Maybe word is getting out that Duval will see reduced minutes?

Line has moved to Duke by 1. Maybe word is getting out that Duval will see reduced minutes?
Maybe people are just remembering how these February Duke-UNC games in Chapel Hill typically go. We've lost that game once since 2006.

I was referring to the even years only, when we play them on the road first. I'm admittedly cherry-picking but it is an interesting trend that we always seem to win those games, 2014 notwithstanding.

Maybe people are just remembering how these February Duke-UNC games in Chapel Hill typically go. We've lost that game once since 2006.

We lost in 07, 09 and 14 I think.

The February Duke-UNC game was at Cameron in 07 and 09, both of which were of course losses.

First game in Chapel Hill:

00 - win
02 - win
04 - win
06 - win
08 - win
10 - win
12 - win
14 - loss
16 - win

This team will probably join the Jabari team as the only other squad to lose the first Duke-UNC game in Chapel Hill this decade. It's a weird stat, really.

That early Sunday game at Clemson is the closest thing we have on the schedule to a guaranteed loss. Might just skip that one so I don't have to be depressed for the rest of the day.

I was referring to the even years only, when we play them on the road first. I'm admittedly cherry-picking but it is an interesting trend that we always seem to win those games, 2014 notwithstanding.

Missed the Chapel Hill part. That is interesting. Though it feels like we did really steal the ‘12 and ‘16 games. They were better for most of the game and we got some calls in the ‘12 game.

It's kind of amazing that 16 years passed between Duke losses in that game. Of course the odd years went very differently. It's contributed to me preferring the CH game over the Cameron game, feels like Duke plays better there but there is still less pressure on Duke to win.

The '16 game was unreal. We had like 5 healthy bodies once Jones went down, and one of them was Derryck Thornton.

To be real for a second: if both teams play their best, we win pretty easily. If we play our best and they don't, it's a blowout. The only way we lose is poor effort or retardation. I don't see the first being an issue.

Missed the Chapel Hill part. That is interesting. Though it feels like we did really steal the ‘12 and ‘16 games. They were better for most of the game and we got some calls in the ‘12 game.
Zellered

I would say it's more like they didn't get calls. Seth traveled on his three-pointer and Mason pushed Zeller in the back on the shot Zeller tipped in.

To be real for a second: if both teams play their best, we win pretty easily. If we play our best and they don't, it's a blowout. The only way we lose is poor effort or retardation. I don't see the first being an issue.
Really? I don’t think Duke is that much better. I think it’ll come down to whichever team makes 3s. I mostly worry that Duke will get suckered into a fast game because that’s what most of our guys seem to like offensively. And then we’ll lose some high-scoring “no defense allowed” game (because Roy’s guys will be fresh, and Duke’s will be gassed). I’m expecting a near repeat of the FSU game except Duke loses.

The game will be close because this game is always close, and at this point in time, that probably favors them.

Give the ball to Wendell early and often. He is the most consistent player and he has a clear advantage in this one.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom