Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] Phil Knight Invitational / at Indiana

Duke played horribly for most of this game and still won by 18, but this one doesn't leave a very good taste in the mouth, even after sitting down to a delicious Thanksgiving feast. The defense in the first half was terrible, even though PSU did pull like four of those three's out of their asses, and the rebounding was pathetic until midway through the second half.

As we've all been saying, this definitely needs to be a zone-first team. I think open threes is a good trade off for decent two point defense. I expect K will continue to stubbornly play man for significant stretches of the season, but it is encouraging that he went to zone after we fell behind today. Shows his decaying brain can still function adequately at times.

PS: Fuck PSU, and that Devonte North asshole especially. Bunch of dirty thugs.

The freshmen looked like freshmen for most of this game and Grayson had another meh performance.
Duval looked particularly bad, relative to his previous games.
I love DeLaurier, and never want him to touch the ball on offense.
Our twin bright spots were Bolden and O'Connell. We all predicted that, right?
PSU players were all assholes, except for the one big, fat white guy. I loved that guy and wanted him to never leave the court.

Most annoying thing was us getting punked by a team of tiny nobodies. They were more physical and won all the 50/50 balls. You'd think that when it gets to the point where the lil guy who's been lighting you up all day literally takes a swing at one of your guys mid-play, it would elicit a tiny bit of fire.

But yeah, if K has any senile illusions of playing m2m for any significant stretches his year, he can choke on a dick and die. It's just point shaving at this point to do anything other than spend your time working on zone.

Duval was really bad in the first half with all the turnovers but good in the second though it would be nice if he didn’t cock back to dunk like that in close situations.

There is just a laziness to our defense when we are in man, but Bolden played well. When we went to all zone in the second he didn’t play at all

Duval was really bad in the first half with all the turnovers but good in the second though it would be nice if he didn’t cock back to dunk like that in close situations.

There is just a laziness to our defense when we are in man, but Bolden played well. When we went to all zone in the second he didn’t play at all
I genuinely think Bolden is our second best man defender while being our worst in the zone.

If K plays anything other than 2-3 zone from this day forward with this team I may just say fuck it on this season.

Florida is 12-16 from 3 with 3 minutes left in the 1st half against Stanford zone.

I'll echo the comments about PSU's chippy play. Fuck them.

The zone is their most effective option on D, no doubt - the attention of certain players really seems to drift on D though. A few times at the top of the zone they walked away from a player with the ball.

14-19 at the half. 61-39. They probably can't do that again.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom