Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

[2017-18] Phil Knight Invitational / at Indiana

I thought that was a fine quote. I'm ok with mixing the two up, especially early in the season, as long as we have a quick hook on man when it's not working. Sometimes I don't think K's hook is quick enough. I also think there's also some value to in-game switching to take teams out of their rhythm.
It wasn't bad at all. It was just the first sentence that rubbed me the wrong way.

FWIW Texas beat #16 Texas A&M (rated #6th on Kenpom) in a scrimmage last month on a neutral court. Texas lead most of the game and even pushed the lead to double digits with 7 minutes left in the game until A&M mounted a comeback to make the final score a closely contested 73-69.

https://www.texassports.com/documents/2017/10/26//UT_A_M_exhib_game_box_10_25_.pdf?id=9342
http://www.chron.com/sports/aggies/article/Aggies-Longhorns-reacquaint-themselves-in-12307122.php

#6 rated Texas A&M (5-0) by the way went on to destroy the #18 rated team on kenpom, West Virginia(4-1) 88-65 on a neutral court to open the season.

It's important to note that Texas A&M actually played against Texas with their best player (NBA lottery-pick Robert Williams) but he wasn't allowed to play against West Virginia due to suspension.

I have bettors remorse. I want to change my Duke -5.5 to Texas +5.5

Other good games in a low key premiere day for college basketball:

Washington State has already pulled off a 17.5-point upset over St. Mary’s. Must be one of the bigger upsets so far this season.

UNC is only favored by 3.5-4 over Arkansas. Should be one of the last times Vegas overlooks NPOY Luke Maye.

Arizona is in free fall and only favored by 0-1 over Purdue. They can prove they’re the true #1 by winning this game.

Virginia, currently sitting above Duke on Kenpom due to superior talent, has a tough game against Rhode Island; only favored by 6-6.5.

Hurley has put in the best Duke coaching tree performance this season, with Arizona State at 5-0 and up 31 spots from their preseason Kenpom ranking. They started a hell stretch yesterday, though, beating 37 Kansas State and continuing with Xavier; ASU are underdogs by 6.5-7.

Last edited:
Texas went out and found the most giant ginger in the world!

Marvin Bagley is an absolute monster and I am glad that we ended up pulling this one out, but this game didn't leave a very good taste in the mouth either. More horrible m2m defense, frustrating offensive possessions, and general disarray today. Letting that white asshole score 20 points should embarrass our post players.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom