Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Player Alex O'Connell

I wasn't sure he would get 29 minutes combined against high major competition all year, so 29 minutes in a game is a pretty good surprise. Must be my prejudice against white people.

I wasn't sure he would get 29 minutes combined against high major competition all year, so 29 minutes in a game is a pretty good surprise. Must be my prejudice against white people.

He probably was the only one other than Javin who made hustle plays tonight.

His vertical jump reverberates every time he's on the court.

I didn't expect his leaping ability and body control in his HS highlights to translate to next level, for some weird prejudice reason.

Seriously, have to think he would've been top 25 out of HS if he weren't the whitest recruit out there. Duke got a steal.

I legit thought he was gonna get that tip in and be the hero Duke needs.

I 100% thought it was going in from the camera angle.

Edit: and Wendell got fouled on his follow up attempt. One guy pushed him and the other hacked his arm. I understand it’s rare to get that call at that stage of the game.

K and Scheyer both let the ref know about it, Chib. I didn't see it live, but I watched for something on the replay after seeing the coaches' reactions.

I legit thought he was gonna get that tip in and be the hero Duke needs.

I 100% thought it was going in from the camera angle.

Edit: and Wendell got fouled on his follow up attempt. One guy pushed him and the other hacked his arm. I understand it’s rare to get that call at that stage of the game.

Reminded me of Boozer in the 2002 Indiana game

The refs also made our comeback harder with some really terrible calls.
There were some shitty charging calls on Duke, but I've come to expect several missed block/charge calls a game from college refs. And Duke benefits from those missed calls, too. College refs love to call charges.

The non and-one after Duval's steal frustrated me. Was called on the floor instead and we ended up getting nothing out of it.

The refs also made our comeback harder with some really terrible calls.
There were some shitty charging calls on Duke, but I've come to expect several missed block/charge calls a game from college refs. And Duke benefits from those missed calls, too. College refs love to call charges.
If they didn't call a charge, they couldn't hop up and down on one foot 5 times. Charges are essential for ref health.

Reactions: TBC

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom