Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

I'd be on board. I'm actually a huge fan of the Syracuse "rivalry" so far, despite thinking it was silly and premature before we played.

It's sort of a breath of fresh air from what Duke-UNC has become, for me at least. There's not really any mutual respect left, just hatred, to the point where I don't enjoy the games anymore. And not to be the guy pining for the lost purity of "student-athletes," but when it's to the point where they've basically made a mockery out of the rules that we're all supposed to play by without any remorse or consequence, it doesn't really help.

The thing with Cuse, for now, seems much more rooted in respect - both fan bases get hugely up for the games without getting downright nasty, the players seem to bring out the best in other, the coaches are the two most winning in history and obviously have a huge amount of respect for each other, and they're both top 5 teams year in and year out. Even the the styles of play - stubborn man to man pressure and 3PT shooting savant vs. stubborn zone and power afflete savant - sort of contrast perfectly.

Saw some tweet saying that Syracuse felt like UNC and UNC felt like Maryland this year, which pretty much nails it for me.

Too bad the team we look down upon will sweep us this year. 0-3 vs UNC. Not our rival, ironically, is correct.

If this year's UNC team wanted a rival they'd join the NBA's Western Conference.

DrKlahn said:
If this year's UNC team wanted a rival they'd join the NBA's Western Conference.
No don't be ridiculous, it'd be more along the lines of the Charlotte Bobcats like HeelYeah always claimed

bdotling said:
DrKlahn said:
No don't be ridiculous, it'd be more along the lines of the Charlotte Bobcats like HeelYeah always claimed

GoldenRaptor

Did K ever get to the punch line of his "funny story" involving Jimmy and the Olympics? Something about playing zone. I either missed something...or it wasn't funny.

I didn't think that was supposed to be a "funny" story. That's one he tells a lot and the point of it is more that "Boeheim's suggestion won the Olympic gold for us."

physicsfactor said:
She picked Roy for coach of the year. She ain't all that special.

I just spent three paragraphs talking about this in the ACC thread (which now seem a bit misplaced after reading this, but yeah, I agree).

@boringJabari has 12.2K followers and 15 tweets since yesterday.

It cracks me up.

Becoming less funny quickly. Needs 1-2 tweets a day. That's it.

lol, "Keels," "young Keeley."

I like him infinitely better than Andrew Shithead Carter.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom