Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

True love.
putin-crying.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
A non-Keeley article. http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/05/22/ ... rylink=cpy

Not much new here, but a few things stood out:

'"Now you bring in four new guys and a transfer, it's kind of like starting over," Krzyzewski said. "And so what we've done is kind of look over our whole program and see where we are at this time, every part of our program, to see where we can improve. ... We see improvements coming, and there's still a lot of work to do."

Obi, who is 6-foot-9 and 265 pounds and averaged 9.3 rebounds as a freshman with the Owls, will give Duke the wide body and interior post presence it might have lacked in recent years. But that won't come until 2015-16 because he must sit out this season due to the NCAA's transfer rules.

"Our feeling is that, I'm not saying he'll be this amazing player — I think he'll be a good one — but I think he'll be a steady player for us for the entire time that he's at Duke," Krzyzewski said.'

And:

'Krzyzewski said Scheyer — a guard and key leader of the Blue Devils' most recent national title-winning team in 2010 — brings "a new energy, a new way of working with the perimeter guys.

"I think a program needs that every once in a while," Krzyzewski said.'

rome8180 said:
A non-Keeley article. http://www.newsobserver.com/2014/05/22/ ... rylink=cpy

Not much new here, but a few things stood out:

'"Now you bring in four new guys and a transfer, it's kind of like starting over," Krzyzewski said. "And so what we've done is kind of look over our whole program and see where we are at this time, every part of our program, to see where we can improve. ... We see improvements coming, and there's still a lot of work to do."

Obi, who is 6-foot-9 and 265 pounds and averaged 9.3 rebounds as a freshman with the Owls, will give Duke the wide body and interior post presence it might have lacked in recent years. But that won't come until 2015-16 because he must sit out this season due to the NCAA's transfer rules.

"Our feeling is that, I'm not saying he'll be this amazing player — I think he'll be a good one — but I think he'll be a steady player for us for the entire time that he's at Duke," Krzyzewski said.'

And:

'Krzyzewski said Scheyer — a guard and key leader of the Blue Devils' most recent national title-winning team in 2010 — brings "a new energy, a new way of working with the perimeter guys.

"I think a program needs that every once in a while," Krzyzewski said.
'

"Ratface forced Wojo out"- IC

"Looks like K finally saw that it was time for a change given Wojo's track record."- TDD

Scheyer could be a bigger smaller big man coach now that Wojo's gone.

"Ratface already downplaying Obi for when dook fails to develop him"

Okay, that was way too articulate. This game is hard.

Laura Keeley ‏@laurakeeley 1hr
An interesting insight into the world of online tough guys: yesterday, a man emailed me that "I must be headed to depression" b/c a player..
..from my "favorite school" got injured (Deaver). I pointed out that it was sad he felt the need to reach out in a negative way to a..
..complete stranger. His response: "you are a public figure and should expect criticism. And, you mustn't be so sensitive to comments"..
..But, I mean, I don't think being a reporter gives people a free pass to be jerks to you. I don't think that at all
Maybe that's the problem, the people behind their keyboards are able to take the humanity out of these interactions.

This whole interaction... is she just joking by even bringing it up? This is sad.

I am surprised this is a new experience for her.

I do agree with her commentary (though it's not exactly an original insight). But that was pretty tame as far as internet comments go.

In fact, given Jordan's lack of integrity I wouldn't be surprised if he made the unnamed scout up completely.

"The other thing to keep in mind here, as I wrote in this earlier column, is that Coach K is 2-3 in the NCAA Tournament with one-and-done players, including last year’s first-round exit to Mercer with Parker leading the way."

uhhhhh...

Anyway, that sounded like another Calipari inspired piece.

ZackM said:
"The other thing to keep in mind here, as I wrote in this earlier column, is that Coach K is 2-3 in the NCAA Tournament with one-and-done players, including last year’s first-round exit to Mercer with Parker leading the way."

uhhhhh...

It's also not even close to true. (Or is that what you were getting at?) Maggette's team was 5-1 in the tournament. Deng's was 4-1. And for some reason, it won't let me log in to leave a comment about that under the article. Their Facebook login link is busted.

Someone with a Tweety account should call him out on that.

physicsfactor said:
ZackM said:

uhhhhh...

It's also not even close to true. (Or is that what you were getting at?) Maggette's team was 5-1 in the tournament. Deng's was 4-1. And for some reason, it won't let me log in to leave a comment about that under the article. Their Facebook login link is busted.

Someone with a Tweety account should call him out on that.

Yeah, that's what I was getting at.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom