Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

rome8180 said:
In fact, given Jordan's lack of integrity I wouldn't be surprised if he made the unnamed scout up completely.
tommccarthy_big.jpg

Maggette and Deng weren't one and done, though. They were technically one and done if you define "one and done" as a player who plays only one season of college basketball before leaving college basketball, but their NCAA Tournament records are not helpful to the arguers argument, so they were subjectively not one and done. Some would consider Irving, Rivers and Parker the only one and dones Duke has ever had, since they were all considered highly probable to leave after one season before their college careers even started, whereas Maggette was considered unlikely and Deng was considered only somewhat highly probable.

SeanMayTriedToEatMe said:
Maggette and Deng weren't one and done, though. They were technically one and done if you define "one and done" as a player who plays only one season of college basketball before leaving college basketball, but their NCAA Tournament records are not helpful to the arguers argument, so they were subjectively not one and done. Some would consider Irving, Rivers and Parker the only one and dones Duke has ever had, since they were all considered highly probable to leave after one season before their college careers even started, whereas Maggette was considered unlikely and Deng was considered only somewhat highly probable.
Yeah, I completely disagree with most of that unless you're just doing your sarcastic SMTTEM thing.

I was. But if he simply qualified everything with "since the last national championship," it would be an ok thing to say. We're only one more atrociously underachieving season away from the end of the post-2010 grace period. I suspect "Fire K" will become a thing again, not just in ironic contexts, if K manages another sub-top-20 defensive season with this much size and athleticism and another 1st or 2nd round loss.

physicsfactor said:
rome8180 said:
In fact, given Jordan's lack of integrity I wouldn't be surprised if he made the unnamed scout up completely.
tommccarthy_big.jpg

You and I are on the same page. I was totally going to reference this myself.

Holy shit, Keeley. Could there be a more condescending, hypocritical thing for a sportswriter to say?

Last edited by a moderator:
She is doing the ultra-liberal high horse thing that the most annoying left wingers do. It's equally as bad to me as religious conservatives basically trying to convert everyone.

I bet she's trying to get out of being a sportswriter and moving on to bigger and better things as soon as possible. Having "sports fans" hate her can only help. OTOH, I wouldn't want to be an FSU fan either....

rome8180 said:
Gotta love how Jason Jordan can take a quote and completely change the context. Coach K said there was no competition for Okafor at Duke, and suddenly he meant that there was no competition nationally.

http://zagsblog.com/articles/coach-k-am ... -comments/

What a weird fucking article. He calls out K for saying there's no comp for Okafor, and then proceeds to describe how all the other bigs are way raw offensively compared to Okafor.

Pantone287 said:
Holy shit, Keeley. Could there be a more condescending, hypocritical thing for a sportswriter to say?

this tweet was just beyond absurd. I refreshed it a number of times in real time to make sure it wasn't fake.

Has any beat writer had a larger drop in credibility since the end of the 2014 season than Keeley?

Last edited by a moderator:
I guess I'm missing the part where everyone kills her for being angry about rape.

aiw said:
I guess I'm missing the part where everyone kills her for being angry about rape.
I think it was commentary on domestic violence, but couldn't find the thread/posts.

How's a bitch gonna know who's in control unless you knock her around once in a while?

At halftime of the Stanford-UCLA game, ESPN definitely just showed a "1K: Countdown to history" graphic, complete with a 1K logo, and then a list of Duke's upcoming games. I guess it's time for all that stuff to really start in earnest?

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom