Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke News Article/Publicity Thread

O'Neil obviously typed that article months ago and has just been sitting on it, waiting for Grayson to do something to fill in the missing blanks. I can only imagine the glee she experienced when seeing that Grayson's foot was involved, providing her the perfect opening lines to set the tone of article and draw comparison to the most Evil White Dukie of them all. Ten seconds later the article was complete.

We've been fans long enough to understand what these types of articles are about and why they're published. But it takes a particular type of callousness to create a piece and then lie in wait for the perfect moment to pounce upon her keyboard.

Or maybe this speaks to her journalistic genius in understanding the inevitability of a player dubbed 'asshole' by his coach going out and actually doing something asshole-ish enough to provide the impetus for the article-- despite the fact this asshole-ish act would not be considered mentionable if perpetrated by any other player on any other team.

Either way, fuck ESPN's High Priestess for giving the acolytes the scripture they crave.

^ Nope.

It was trending on Facebook, btw. This is the only Flagrant 1 that will be trending all season.

And yeah, krsmith, there's no way she got all those quotes together overnight.

Would be a lot nicer if Grayson would pony up some of the cash he was paid to come to Duke.

"And this coach promotes bad sportsmanship, such as defending Grayson Allen for deliberately tripping opponents (potentially giving them career ending injuries)."

It's amazing how common this line of thinking is. People on r/collegebasketball were legitimately saying it was a fucking miracle that none of Grayson's victims fell and hit their heads on the court and died.

"He called and apologized, and I told him he didn't need to," Altman said. "Someone that has accomplished what he has accomplished and makes a comment to one of my players is perfectly fine with me, and it didn't bother me at all. It bothered a lot of people. It didn't bother me. It didn't bother Dillon, and Dillon's response proved that."

Just shows Altman and Brooks are classier than K.

If you don't laugh at this shit, you can't be a Duke fan. No wonder there are so many otherwise smart lunatics on TDD.

K's most impressive win in a game Duke didn't play in since 2005, when he ruined Chris Paul an entire month before the tournament.

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bluegrass Blue Devil
Back
Top Bottom