Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Duke Recruiting General Discussion

I've always heard we could land Moore if we really wanted to. Wonder if there's something behind the scenes I don't know about -- some reason we're not pursuing him harder. He's really good.

I've always heard we could land Moore if we really wanted to. Wonder if there's something behind the scenes I don't know about -- some reason we're not pursuing him harder. He's really good.

He is really good. Is he likely to attend UNC, or is it much to early?

I wonder if Carey could reclassify and come in with R.J., Tre, and Reddish.

I cannot wait to get back to pounding the rock inside. Carey, in theory, should be about as effective as Okafor.

Carey would be a dream big for us. He has a really nice looking jumper out to three-point range in some of the highlight videos, but is also built like a tank and likes to rebound and dunk and stuff. He was the MVP of the FIBA Americas U16 tournament this summer, going for 14.0 ppg 6.2 rebs in 15.3 minutes a game (75% FG, 73% FT). Maybe not much of a shot-blocker, though.

We’re arguably in the Bobby Bowden years now, but what’s stopping K from stringing it out a few more years if he’s able to continue to pull in top ranked classes? Realistically, Duke is going to have a top 5 team on paper as long as K is here, part of me thinks he’s not leaving so long as he has a chance to win a title.

Finally watched the Joey Baker highlights. Meh. Watching those makes me really hope we can land Matthew Hurt.

We’re arguably in the Bobby Bowden years now, but what’s stopping K from stringing it out a few more years if he’s able to continue to pull in top ranked classes? Realistically, Duke is going to have a top 5 team on paper as long as K is here, part of me thinks he’s not leaving so long as he has a chance to win a title.

I don't think he'll do that. I think at most Coach K has 2-3 seasons left and will leave with the brand very strong and winning. Coach K never seemed like the type to just hang out for the sake of hanging around the way Paterno, Bowden, Larry Brown, etc did.

This may sound ridiculous but I would like to see Coach K stay for 3-4 more years, simply because we are crushing recruiting right now so the program is still strong on talent, but also because I would really hate to see Boeheim pass Coach K simply because Boeheim wants the wins records and is just going to outlast Coach K to do it. It would be absurd, imo. If he stays 3-4 seasons it should be enough to hold that distance. Coach K has about a 3-4 season lead worth of wins over Boeheim, and that should grow a little bit (assuming we get 25+ wins) in the next 2 seasons.

Due to Syracuse's violations, Boeheim lost 101 wins. He is now 168 behind K. At an average of 25 wins a year, it will take him almost seven years to achieve that. Na ga happen.

I understand that he had the wins taken away but I'd still like K to have more wins even if the 101 were added to his total.

He's averaging like 3 surgeries a year now. Unless his plan is to coach from a rehab facility over Skype then no way does he have more than a season or two left.

Also i do think Boeheim is the type who would coach into his 90s if it meant getting that all time wins record. I think he knows that's all he has left to try and separate himself.

I've liked Penn-Johnson for a while. He seems like a great kid, and I think he has tremendous basketball potential.

Also, he lives in Nevada. Which is in the pacific time zone.
He has to be impressed by our last decade of developing west coast prospects, right?

Chase%20Jeter%20picture_1494985125944_59713862_ver1.0_640_480.png

CONCORDIA.jpg

Jamal+Boykin+Jack+Trotter+California+v+Stanford+36Nt3UQ9sSkl.jpg

thorntond.jpg

eric_boateng_2008_01_09.jpg

7380165.jpeg

Chat users

• No one is chatting at the moment.

Chat rooms

• General chit-chat 0

Forum statistics

Threads